1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved certain bots charge when not being used!

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by thoaran, May 6, 2020.

1. thoaran

apex crabber for one has done this to me twice. i was charged for 12 hours today and it only ran for 2! i took a screen cap of my bot it was stopped and left alone. runemate was still open but the crabber was not paused, it was stopped.

i dont play multiple accounts, i dont have a VPN, i am the only RS player in the house or on my private network. i run the boy while im working on my other screen, so i dont run with out myself sitting right next to it, i do it so i can read or work and not have to babysit OSRS. i am 100% sure this is a bug. it is sucking away my hours allotted for the month and my money. i have reached out before and was ignored or insulted, and told i obviously dont understand how the bots work... i would like a refund of my hours and money.

the same thing happened a few weeks back with this crabber and maxiwoodcutter, they both claimed to run for 24 hours each!

it really sucks since i've apparently spent all of this money and time but still don't have any stats to show for it.

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Swych, May 6, 2020
  3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Tutorial - Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks, doesn't work or you are overcharged and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

4. thoaran

this is not the issue i didnt start stop the bot, the program stayed open on my pc, and collected money for doing nothing. please look into this more than just asssuming i dont understand what im doing. i have had repeat overcharges twice now!!! it says it ran for 10 hours just sitting there stopped i was running the bot in the morning and it charged me at 10pm
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2020, Original Post Date: May 6, 2020 ---
    how about instead of wasting my money to test it, use the bot and hit the stop button, let runemate sit open on your desktop behind rs and play normally. its done it to me 2 out of 2 times. or you can really refuse to refund the 2$ that was stolen from me and if thats the case ill take my money elsewhere i intend to spend more with this site, but treatment like this is rediculous i have read every FAQ and made sure this was not on my end

5. Swych

Bot sessions expire after no communication between the session + server after a short period of time. This period of time is NOT 12 hours, it's not even 1 hour, so the fact that you claim the bot has charged you for 12 when conveniently cropping out the runtime from the bot, not including any bot logs, or any other solid evidence is the reason we're not taking this claim seriously. Apex Crabber, much like the rest of premium bots, work fine and certainly have no power to run a session in the background to keep charging your account.

6. thoaran

ok,then try it? why do i have to waste more of my money and hours to gather evidence? run the bot, hit stop and leave it open... or maybe refund my few $ and 52 hours of play time that bot claims i used. i make sure not to start stop bots and if i do i expect to be charged.

maxiwoodcutter claims i used 24 hours in a single day that day i gained 1 level. 24 start stops would be insane for 1 wc lvl especially considering im not even 80 wc yet. i had it in use for a few hours and i could totally understand 5-6 hours of charges due to start stops on my error. 24 hours is ridiculous. i came back in to my office in the morning with osrs logged off (i logged off and don't bot at night) and the runemate client open and stopped and my wallet drained. how many times do i need to lose money before someone considers there may be a bug? why do i even have to have this conversation? we are talking about less than a cup of coffee for customer satisfaction?

#5 thoaran, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  7. Swych

My usage is as expected, the same amount as I've botted. This conversation isn't going anywhere. Refunds are up to the bot author, if you can supply sufficient evidence that the session length does not match the session's usage. Contact Proxi privately to do so. PLEASE NOTE: He is not required to refund you if he deems necessary.

8. thoaran

i already contacted the authors and they both claimed its the client. funny how you guys seem to point fingers at eachother but no one is willing to get it resolved?
    what do you want a live stream of my money being stolen?

9. Swych

I'm not going to waste my time entertaining that comment. The client doesn't charge for sessions that have been stopped. Having the client open and a session stopped does not continue a sessions payment and such won't charge you. Having an active session (playing or paused) will continue to charge your account. For more information, please read the FAQ linked above.

Closing this topic.

Bean. likes this.
  10. American Express

Further to your post on my profile...

As explained above, the only way for you to be continuously charged is as follows:
    1. You repeatedly started/stopped the bot multiple times. As explained in the FAQ, you are charged up front for your first hour of use, each time you start the bot.
    2. You left the bot running in the background (perhaps paused it) rather than stopping it.

It's just simply not possible that you were continuously charged unless you had an active bot session running, or your kept starting/stopping it.

If you were having to start/stop the bot multiple times to get it working (eg: it crashed, you couldn't change settings or something else broke) then the author should refund you for this.

If you started/stopped the bot multiple times because you didn't understand how it worked, or you wanted to change gear/activities/do something else on OSRS, then this is on you and a bot author probably won't refund you for it.

Your first screenshot shows an error that RuneScape had disconnected. When the client disconnects or is closed, RuneMate will stop its session; meaning if you then launched RuneScape and started the bot again you would be charged again. If you have internet troubles causing RuneScape to disconnect, you lost power, or your dog pulled out your ethernet cable then this is not really something a bot author will refund you for (as it's not something that's their fault), it's completely at their discretion - some are more generous with refunds than others...

Where to from here?

Post your log files for the affected sessions, as they will show when and how often you started/stopped the bot. Include all of the log files. Copy them to Pastebin or upload them as attachments here.

11. thoaran

so i have been busy with work and haven't had a chance to work on this and just saw your suggestion, it took a bit of searching but i did find the log file for the bot and day, (one of the days) and the file is too large for paste bin, I'm happy to share in pieces if that helps? i looked at the very long list of actions and from what i can see it says it ran from 00:00:00 at start to 01:45:30 after that i got a series of messages in the log like this.
    01:48:33 DEBUG An error has occurred. using CTRL F i cant find any "stop" or "log" or "start" in the log files, after all the errors there's like 17 errors in about 5 minutes i assume because i stopped it, then the last line says it refused to connect. the time stamp is 10 hours after the last error...

here is a pastebin of the bottom part of the log. 01:44:46 DEBUG RegionPath added: Path[Coordinate(1758, 3434, 0) -> Coordinate(17 - Pastebin.com
    --- Double Post Merged, May 10, 2020, Original Post Date: May 10, 2020 ---
    I'm not sure if this means anything i don't really know how to read these that well, i would post the whole log if i could, but i cant see any start stops in this log but I'm not sure what to look for. thanks for the reply

12. American Express

Just upload the files IN FULL here as attachments, don't copy/paste the contents itself if they're so long.

13. thoaran

they are too large to be attached here. should i upload the files in full somewhere else. the file size for that day is 1,532 kb. mostly its just the bots actions, waiting, attacking, pick up. there are 2 logs with the same name from the 4th and the 5th of april

Attached Files:

14. American Express

Think of the log files as the evidence needed to prove your case for a refund. If we can't see them, then we can't recommend an outcome for all of this.

We need them in full, for all of the sessions you claim you were overcharged, otherwise we'll just keep going around in circles here.

If they're too large as you claim (I don't think 1.5mb is too large for the forums) then upload them to a 3rd party file hosting website and post the links here.

Swych likes this.