1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Charged 40 Cents for two premium construction scripts

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Drunkpimp, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Drunkpimp

Hello! I am a RuneMate noob. I've tried a couple of free scripts bots which worked with no issues, so I think I know what I'm doing... botted using other clients for many years.
    Anyways, I tried two construction scripts bots: Quantum Construction, and Regal Construction. On Regal, I set up my GUI, and the bot did nothing. Paused it, and when I went to resume, it ended the script bot and said, "thank you for using". Tried again and it did the same thing.... apparently another user on the thread has reported that the script bot will not run as well. On Quantum Construction, I set up the GUI, and once it is set up, the timer on the script bot instantly stops, the pause and resume button grey out and effectively the script bot has stopped. Waited two minutes for the script bot to start like it said, nothing happened.
    This is quite frustrating.... I'm quite surprised there isn't some kind of 5-10 minute non charging period for a script bot to be ended without charging, so that mistakes can be made or errors can be found, without being charged...

Anyways, just wasted 40 cents and although it's a small amount, I feel quite frustrated that I'm charged for something that didn't work. Is there any way to receive a refund?
    Thanks!

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by American Express, Jul 18, 2018
  3. neolivetv

to recieve a refund message the creator of the scripts bots

4. Drunkpimp

and the smithing bot.... I clicked, "change bot settings", and now no settings are available to change... this is comical.

Attached Files:

5. JoJo

I suggest you read the recent comments on the thread you are wanting to use. If there is recent errors stay away from it.

6. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Tutorial - Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?:
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks or doesn't work and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

7. Negrita

You should keep in mind who is posting it. I've seen a lot of people report issues on bots which ran perfectly for me.

8. JoJo

that's true advanced users who are familiar with runemate tend not to have very many problems unless the bot is actually broken, which we can see in a heartbeat.

9. Drunkpimp

I'm not sure how I could be more aware. I had full debug settings and got no actual info showing me of any issues. I guess the fact the bot isn't doing anything and not generating any debug should tell me it's not working. Just kind a frustrating experience even if it's over small amounts of money because if a script bot doesn't work it creates a pain in the ass process of seeking a refund and stepping on eggshells to see if the bot will work or not.
    I am no developer or businessman but I wonder if adding a 5-10 min grace period where nothing is charged until say, the 11th minute wouldn't make this dramatically easier.

10. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I believe admins have said they're considering changing the way premium bots charge. Not certain though.

Nimnam likes this.
  11. Drunkpimp

Would be a good idea imho. Noobs or botters new to runemate are obviously the most prone to this issue, could turn them away from the site and that would be a loss of lots of potential revenue.

Nimnam likes this.
  12. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Not really. A slight "add-on" will be made in not-so-near future but that's about it, payments for premium bots will still be on an hourly basis.

CuppaJava likes this.