1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Chat box interfaces

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Semajian, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Semajian

Hey all, new to scripting.

I'm using the Dev TK and I can't seem to find an easy way to get information regarding the chat box that's currently open. I've noticed you can click on the components to highlight it on screen, but there's a hell of a lot. I basically just want to be able to do a boolean expression as to whether one of a set of specific dialogs are open so that it can press enter through them.

Sorry if this is really obvious, I'm still fiddling around with the toolkit, and it took me a while to realise it actually highlights the screen.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

There's a method to use the "continue" if it's available.

ChatDialog.getContinue() to get the continue button, just call select() on it to select it.

3. Semajian

Thanks a bunch for the help!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 31, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 31, 2015 ---
    This is off topic but I don't particularly fancy writing another thread and annoying people.

Would I be right in saying that if an interaction that causes a small change to the local players interaction with that npc isn't recorded in varps or varpbits that I can't monitor it? I'm trying to make a bot that blackjacks in the thieves guild and would like to be able to identify when an NPC has been "lured" (after performing the action they stay lured for ~4 seconds maybe?) but there doesn't appear to be anyway to identify this.

4. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

I used to have a bot for it on powerbot, and I didn't find a way to identify it straight from the game either. I just assumed that if the interaction succeeded, the guy was lured.