Client detection?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Dylan Turner, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Believe what you would like to believe, i was going to just post this as a comment on the one of many ban threads but as it is so long i decided it may deserve a thread of its own. I would also like to hear your experiences.

I dont even bot. Just log in on a new acocunt then log out. 1 day later, am banned.

*Note all account i believe that are getting banned because of the client detection i get like 4 bans, This was the least amount at 3 consecutive bans.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Note i just logged in and cussed people out cause i was salty about all my bans then logged out and tryed logging in, Then the perm bans come through
    [​IMG]

All accounts were fresh accounts, skipped tut island then teled to lumb then i log out.

Also i wanted to play DMM so i made and membered 2 new accounts, 1 was going to be a mule. I played for about 2.5 hours then botted for about 40 mins at cows taking over every 5 mins because i was getting attacked. Then i gave up on that and 20 mins later both accounts received bot busting bans.

[​IMG]

Also my Main ironman account botted 24/7 for 2 months no bans and after the client detection thing, perm banned after a little bit of botting after my temporary ban.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Dylan Turner, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  2. yea all my accounts barley last 5 min before disconnect and ban.

3. I'm suspecting the same thing, a mule which I logged onto using the RM client was permabanned, while my main mule which only uses the official RS client is safe.

Edit: We're well aware of the existence of delayed bans. However, the evidence and the developer of Tribot announcing that there is client detection shows something else is happening.

#4 Aria, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  4. For the last time ( I know 99% of future posters won't read this. )

If you log into your account and you get disconnected within a minute then banned.

IT DOES NOT MEAN THE CLIENT WAS DETECTED CAUSING YOUR BAN.

It is called in common terms a " delay ban " i'm not saying it's clients fault, because if it was, hundreds of people will have mysteriously get banned and probably flood this site with compliants ( even though they are cheating in a game :p logic. )

Try it. go bot 20hours suicidal then log out. try logging back in, and you'll most likely be banned.

The following has all been my personal experience / opinion.

Microsoft likes this.
  5. Everyone knows its a delayed ban, its not my first day botting.... But what happens is i get client detected and setup to recieve a delayed ban on login for using a botting client
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 27, 2015 ---
    Exact thing happned to my mule, a fresh account holding 20m gold i bought ready to buy a bond for my ironman, which after the temp ban had a trade restriction, after my ironman got banned i was going to give away the gold to a random f2p person i logged in then, bam discnnected, perm banned. was a fresh account