1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clouse - Cloud-oriented mouse movements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cloud, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

I'm going to let Arbiter edit this later on with all of the details (Since he designed it), but to summarize:
    • We don't use an algorithm to generate fake mouse paths
    • Human-mouse movements are stored in the cloud and used to build profiles
    • Because human-mouse movements are used, there aren't any patterns for Jagex to search for, rendering one of Jagex's most common forms of analysis useless.

#1 Cloud, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. dds

dds

Nice, beats a lot of other bots, I was trying to figure out how one might make a good mouse

3. Jamie

This is all good news but is the bot countering client analysis like I assume Jagex have code to check if the user is using a client or loading the game from the website.

4. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Handling that is so basic, we didn't even bother mentioning it. We have taken all the measures necessary to make sure that Jagex cannot tell the difference between loading from the website and out custom client, including but definitely not limited to disguising it as the web browser you use most often (data gathered from your site usage). If you are curious as to the details of how that is achieved and revealing the anti-detection methods does not compromise the security itself, you should ask Cloud to outline it. I'm sure he would be more than happy to. :)

5. Jonesy

Why does powerbot not handle client detection like RuneMate? :p I don't use it, but from what I've heard it's instant ban...

6. not_mallard

I didn't think RuneScape (or at least, Old School RuneScape) checked your mouse movements, and that all bans were manual.

7. Jonesy

So your proposing, when a banwave comes, all the 10k accounts are banned by hand?

8. not_mallard

When I enable the mouse while a script bot is running and then I move it around, they fight each other and my mouse flies around the screen at amazing speeds. If they were monitoring our mouse movements, that should probably get me banned.

Flexxkii likes this.
  9. Flexxkii

Yes this! I just pause the bot and than do all the shit.

You guys need to add a 0.1 sec pause when user enables mouse controllers or something. It's hard to think of a idea to help this.

10. Fontkodo

I've suggested that a bot should be automatically paused when a person mouses on screen with user input enabled, I think the consensus was that people should learn to pause the bot first though it is a stress source for me because I sometimes forget and freak out when it does happen.

Flexxkii likes this.