1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating bots for Runemate

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Amakazki, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Amakazki

I fell in love with botting in my freshman year of highschool when a friend introduced me to botting (using powerbot at the time) I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and all you had to do was bot smart. That must have been back in 2010.

Now, grown up and a heck of alot more mature and RSbuddy got destroyed after the creator got hired by Jagex...devastating. Botting is back now it seems, and Runemate appears to be the BEST one for it. So, because botting has allowed me the freedom to enjoy my free time on a game outside of my work over the past few years, I want to return the favor.

I want to learn to code to produce amazing bots for this site. Runemate offers quality bots for free, and I want to develop some as my way of giving back (cheesy, I know).
    I am in college currently, so I have access to a library with some of the most current programming courses available. I also have a books-a-million down the street.

So, my question is, where do I start?
    any books to recommend? What languages to start with? C++? Javascript? How does one start to develop?

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Bots are written in Java, I was told to read books. You can look at open source projects to get a feel for it. Join the developer slack if you need help and take a look at the API its very we'll organized and documented

Get an IDE: eclipse/IntelliJ

Also one of the developers of Rsbuddy is our very own @Arbiter

3. Amakazki

That is EXCELLENT news! I wonder, if by chance, Arbiter gets some "under the table" information from the other original creator of RSuddy at Jagex that he can utilize to render the bots even more undetectable. Anyways, should I learn HTML and C++ first before Java?

4. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Don't think Arbiter speaks to Matt but Arbiter knows what he's doing when it comes to anti-detection. Not a developer but and not sure about C++ but I'm pretty sure it's all in java. Nothing to do with HTML

5. Jhinn

I think cloud handles most of the client-related stuff.

6. warrior55

Check tutorialspoint or javatpoint or thenewboston for java. If you want to dig in more, then oracle tutorials and books. When you get a feel of java, I can send you a bit simplified version of my dragonhide tanner, it is good for learning.

7. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There's a whole section on tutorials. It's all Java and JFX. No need for any other languages to make bots here on this site

8. Amakazki

I think it would be a neat reference to reflect on while i'm reading.

9. warrior55

By the way, I forgot this: java in 30 minutes - YouTube
    Teach Yourself Java 1.1 Programming in 24 Hours
    If you were refering dragonhide tanner, you can download source code from the bot store. And to make it more learning-friendly, replace ClickCrafter content with this:
    Code (Text):
    1. package com.runemate.warrior55.tanner.leafs;
    3. import com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.entities.GameObject;
    4. import com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.queries.results.LocatableEntityQueryResults;
    5. import com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.region.GameObjects;
    6. import com.runemate.game.api.rs3.local.hud.interfaces.MakeXInterface;
    7. import com.runemate.game.api.script.Execution;
    8. import com.runemate.game.api.script.framework.tree.LeafTask;
    10. public class ClickCrafter extends LeafTask {
    12.     @Override
    13.     public void execute() {
    14.         LocatableEntityQueryResults <GameObject> crafters = GameObjects.newQuery().names("Portable crafter").results();
    16.         if (!crafters.isEmpty()) {
    17.             crafters.nearest().click();
    18.             Execution.delayUntil(() -> MakeXInterface.isOpen(), 2500);
    19.         }
    20.     }
    21. }
    A little assignment can be to make it not search for crafter every iteration of loop, but create crafter's object as a field and use it instead.

#9 warrior55, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Hydropump likes this.
  10. goo123

is there any possibility to see where we have saved bots i mean their username and password? and where could they be located at?

11. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

This must be the weirdest gravedig I've ever seen.

Derk likes this.