1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuppa Chinchompas [BETA] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Bot Support & Feedback' started by CuppaJava, Sep 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

#1 CuppaJava, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2021
  2. Ruloph

Hey cuppa, used this today for almost an hour, ran decent, no issues, maybe missed a trap every now and again, only using on grays but did what it was supposed to do! i attached a file of the log for your reference, not sure if you need it or not.

Attached Files:

CuppaJava likes this.
  3. Nightkor3

Hey bro i ran this at red chins and it is fairly decent, only thing is it doesnt pre walk on spots and thus is -20k exp an hour on prime hunter at higher levels

4. CuppaJava

I appreciate the heads up. By pre-walking you mean walking on top of a trap before resetting it yeah? I'll add that, didn't realize it was such a big optimization.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 1, 2020, Original Post Date: Sep 30, 2020 ---
    @Nightkor3 so I didn't add the pre-walking as it didn't seem to be too large of an optimization (and it doesn't jive very well with my current code, I could look into adding it later), but I did find a big way to optimize it. Should run quite a bit quicker on the next update.

5. CuppaJava

#5 CuppaJava, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  6. lierlife

Hey cupa! First of all, amazing bot, I was already planning on buying credits for your hunter script bot, and now I'm hyped to see this being added soontm!

So 2 things I noticed after 10+ hours of using it that I thought I should pass on.

1. At low levels, I lose a lot, and I mean a lot of box traps. Since my levels got higher, it seemed to die down. Currently lost 4 traps in past 3 hours which is not much.

2. If I start the client in X position, and 1 of the areas around the middle has a mini tree or something that we cant walk over, the bot will just keep clicking it over and over again without looking for a new location. While I always position my self in a clear 4 x 4 area, I thought it would be great if the bot could recognize that/especially if theres a world crasher where they set a box trap on your location.

Keep up the good work!

CuppaJava likes this.
  7. CuppaJava

Thank you for the feedback!

The traps getting lost at low levels I'm not super sure about. I'll test it more, but did you happen to notice in what situations it would lose them? Did it just not get to them in time?

The finding an appropriate location is... doable, just a bit more complex than it sounds. I'll look into it though. Or at the very least add a failsafe if it gets stuck.

lierlife likes this.
  8. lierlife

Im sorry, at the time I was actually taking quick naps and checking between Genshin impact lool :c

I was always surprised to see some missing but never caught what actually happened.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 3, 2020, Original Post Date: Oct 3, 2020 ---

Hey so I just watched myself lose all my traps in 30mins because of a x4 npc minigame spawn people lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 3, 2020 ---

Alright Now I watched it 100%

Turns out it was not the events, but the bot being slow at checking or resetting the traps. It happens every once in a while. I have gigabit internet + a good pc build so I don't think its on my end. Gonna ask a friend to run it just in case

9. CuppaJava

This is definitely possible. It's hard for me to be certain if it's a bug in my bot or the runemate client though. When you say it's "slow at checking or restting", do you mean that the bot pauses a little while after performing an action? And does it pause every time/often or just sometimes?

Could you send me the logs? That might give me more info.

Also just to cover all my bases and double check if this fixes a possible client bug, could you please try/keep in mind:
    1. If you ever change the screen mode (from fixed to resizable or vice versa), I'd strongly recommend restarting the runemate client. There's a bug in the runemate client where if you change screen mode while it's open, it acts buggy.
    2. If this isn't a factor, also try clearing out your OSRS cache folder. I've heard this helps a lot of people.

Edit: it's also possible it's the AFK handler messing things up. Try disabling it and see if it doesn't miss chins.

#9 CuppaJava, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  10. CuppaJava

11. Jimothy Boobington

Just dropping a message here so I get notifications on this:rolleyes:

CuppaJava likes this.
  12. lierlife

OK! So for red chins

I have no idea how to share logs lmao, I checked my settings, it was being collected, but no Idea how to share. I did clear cache and I never resize my osrs screen. Keep it on the original 1, I did spent some time standing still and losing traps.

That being said, I wanted to try out the black chins for you since I could pay almost 100% attention since I had free time and I wanted to help.

1. Once the bot teleports back to edgeville, it keeps standing in the teleport area not walking to the bank. I had to manually walk it by/to the bank everytime for it to bank and run back.

2. It sometimes spazzes out. So it went to this area that's not the usual 1 it goes to... so it decided to move back and fourth, going to the original area, then back to this area which also had chins. It was stuck doing this. I tried to manually take over the bot to fix this, even pause it etc but nothing helped. Was forced to stop the script bot and start it over again. nvm lol when I reset cache my roofs got turned off which affected it

3. It hops....way too often when there's someone my level but are not a pker.Ive seen it bank so many times within 10 minutes because of that. I need to stack up on more box traps then I originally though.

4. Same issue as red where it stands still for a short while for no reason.

5. Minor and irrelevant but it does tilt me lol. I have items in a bank tab. I use that bank tab for the bot. the bot decides to go to all bank option thingy and scrolls all the way down to the tab to pick up items. My tab has all thee items beside each other

there was something else but I do forgot what it be...

#12 lierlife, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  13. CuppaJava

Thank you for the feedback :)

As you can definitely tell, the black chinchompa support is definitely pretty rudimentary, it definitely still has some work left to go. But thank you for trying it out.

Just to address this, you can find logs in Help > View Logs and you can PM me/post the log here with an example of it idling. Ideally let me know what time around it lost trap(s), but even just sending the log gives me a baseline to compare if it's running way slower for you or something.

I'm still a little unsure why this would be happening after the recent update since I made it a lot quicker. By "time standing still", do you mean it would just have periods of 10-30 seconds+ of doing nothing? Or just lots of instances of 1-5 second delays that seemed common? Just in case, try turning off AFK handler, although I think I set the default to 4 seconds now so that shouldn't effect anything.

I assume this is the point you intended to retract about your roofs turning off? Not point 2? No worries though, just wanted to check :p

I'm a bit confused by this tbh, there is no "usual spot", it should randomly pick a spot out of all the possible black chin areas (3 areas I think), though it more commonly picks the southern spot. So you're saying it picked a spot, then picked another spot somehow and got confused? I haven't seen this before tbh.

Completely fair point. I too noticed the world hopping is too aggressive. The issue is though that it's hard to be 100% sure who will attack you, unless you just assume everyone in your bracket is a threat. I looked into if before, I forget if there's a way I can check if the other player is holding a weapon. Maybe I'll make it only auto-hop if the threat is holding a weapon. Or make it hop if the "threat" is a greater combat level. Hard to say exactly.

But it should always hop/run when it's actually under attack. (Which I know could also use some improvement)

This one I can't do anything about really. Runemate's banking specific mouse movements is mostly just handled by the runemate client itself. I basically just call code like Bank.withdraw(item) and then Runemate decides how it will withdraw it.

Anyway, wall of text, not sure if you're even interested in reading all that lmfao.

tl;dr: Thank you for the feedback, I'll get the stuff implemented that I can implement. When I have some time tho, I'm currently juggling a few projects :rolleyes:

14. lierlife

Yeah I forgot to turn my roofs off which caused the problem lol! Sorry yeah by usual spot I meant the southern spot. I will send you the logs next time I see it since I'm unsure which log it belonged to from my previous instances. But TLDR: It kept running back and fourth between spots non stop.

I think if you make it hold weapons, which is a good idea imo, is to make it exclude basic mage staffs. People there were holding low level staffs while hunting.
    Edit- and low level bows for people that want to kill chins to force it to spawn closer for quicker hunting

>Anyway, wall of text, not sure if you're even interested in reading all that lmfao.

Yeah dw I read it all. My objective in testing out the black chins was just to help you tbh lol.

Ill be sure to pay attention to time stamps and send the logs over on my second black chins attempt. Hopefully soon!

15. CuppaJava

16. CuppaJava

CuppaJava updated Cuppa Chinchompas [BETA] with a new update entry:

Cuppa Chinchompas [BETA] v1.1.9 Released!

Read the rest of this update entry...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2020, Original Post Date: Oct 9, 2020 ---
    @Flesh0119 btw the update above is to fix the bug with it always placing 4 traps minimum. It should now support placing 3 traps if that's your account's cap :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 9, 2020 ---
    update: nevermind i just recieved 11 crash reports in a row so i'm assuming I broke it last night lmfao

Will fix it tonight

17. CuppaJava

18. creativeself

Works well- loses traps though, ran for 6 hours +- before losing all traps. Started bot with a full inventory of box traps hunting grey chinchompas. Reliably left overnight though!

CuppaJava likes this.
  19. a10buckbagel

hmm losing a lot of box traps ran for 25 minutes lost over 15 idk if bot picks up traps before break and break handler doesnt recognize its breaking and shuts bot down on red chins. heres logs.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 25, 2020, Original Post Date: Oct 25, 2020 ---
    just watched it lose more box traps it just placed them and let them sit there.

Attached Files:

20. CuppaJava

I'll have to look into this more. The bot could definitely use some more work in general but I'm really confused why it's periodically hanging for some people (it wasn't when I tested it).

Thank you for the logs, will see if I can figure this issue out.

a10buckbagel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.