1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Developer New to the Community

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sannis Murus, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Sannis Murus

Hey everyone, I figured I'd go ahead and post a quick intro. I started playing Runescape back in 07 as a kid, and the last few weeks I've started playing again much more after a few years of being on-and-off with it.

I'm 21 and from the U.S., where I work as a Senior Software Developer for a small software engineering shop. I'm particularly interested in the applications of bots and machine learning - it's a subject I haven't dived into before but am fascinated about.

Some small things in this area that have popped into my mind are intelligent path-finding and pattern recognition in combat.

I just got the client set up yesterday and haven't written a single line of code yet, so I'm looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and seeing what can be done.

auxi likes this.
  2. EvilCabbage

Welcome!

Sannis Murus likes this.
  3. tyb51

tyb51 Niche bots at your disposal

Hi and welcome to RM.
    Sounds like some nice ideas you have.
    We currently have something called 'WebPaths' which is a feature build by Cloud and can bring you all over the RS world. It handles most obstacles, but if you encounter any that are not supported you can always ask Cloud to add them.
    Pattern recognition is always a great feat to get into. If you want some tips join the Slack channel and give Mihael or (@Qosmiof2 on the forums) a ring.
    He developed a slayer bot with prayer flicking and (possibly) automatic safe spotting.
    New ideas and cool new bots are always welcomed. Have fun

#3 tyb51, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. Party

Party Client Developer

Hey, be sure to join us on Slack.

5. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

I’m Mihael on slack but Qosmiof2 here :p

OT: Welcome.

Swych likes this.
  6. tyb51

tyb51 Niche bots at your disposal

ffs all these q people, can't keep you apart!

Qosmiof2 likes this.