1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Developers/Bot Authors - Need an account to test things on?

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by American Express, Apr 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

I'm not sure if this is allowed, however I have an account sitting doing nothing at present, which I am happy to temporarily give out to verified bot authors/staff to help create and test bots.

The account won't be available for everyone, and I think I would only trust it with people @Arbiter and other staff can vouch for.

Post in this thread if you are interested, and lets see if we can work something out.

NB: The account has 0 gold on it and very few items.
    [​IMG]

2. Salvation

Salvation First Bot Author

Your timing is perfect! If I need to introduce myself you're free to add my on Skype, but I trust everyone here will know my name. ;-)

I am a tad hesitant to use an account with stats as high as yours in case of a possible ban, but I guess that risk is for you to assess.

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

^ Who's that guy

4. American Express

@Salvation now that's a name I remember from the old days. Powerbot wasn't it?

What do you have in mind for using the account?

@Arbiter do you know if this is the same person, or are we dealing with an imposter? ;)

5. Salvation

Even before Powerbot, actually :) Quirlion, KBot, all the good stuff!

I'm not sure yet what I'll be writing, although there's a good chance it's Pest Control and Duel Arena before anything else, and your stats would be quite perfect for staking since you're maxed melee.

I play a lot legitimately these days on an account that has (had.. since Invention) a comp cape on RS3, and now I want to max on OSRS, but I'm not willing to risk my main account (with any bot/client), it took me pretty much half my life to create haha

6. American Express

I'm actually looking for a duel arena bot myself, so sounds like a good idea!

When creating a bot, how much more risk of getting banned is involved during testing and development as opposed to botting 'normally' on a fully functioning bot? I'm assuming you won't just leave a developmental stage bot running for 24 hours when there are still bugs to be fixed?

As much as I'm happy to lend out the account, I would prefer if it isn't banned ;) However I do know of and accept the risk that any botting client has a risk of bans.

7. Salvation

Development should be a lot less risky, as there's little to no patterns to detect, as the script bot only runs several minutes at a time and keeps changing as I change the code. Of course, if the client itself is detected, this will simply not matter and you're basically marked to be banned as soon as you log in. And no, when I think it's stable and ready for release it will be run for a few hours (also depends a bit on the complexity of a script bot: the complexer, the longer it needs testing). Generally, during development, it will just stand there AFKing while I collect data and write everything down.

8. American Express

Sounds good to me - when would you like access and for how long?

9. Salvation

It's incredibly difficult to say really. I got a full-time job, live on my own (think: washing, cleaning, dishes, shopping, more cleaning). I'll basically need it for 1-2 hours per day, and more in the weekend, but it's difficult to predict when.

10. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

He's the Salvation he claims to be.

11. American Express

Alright, well let me know when you are ready and I'll send you the details :)

Also +1 on the living alone part, but doing the washing is the best part! ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2016 ---
    @Salvation sorry to say but this offer is no longer available due to this thread :(

eBay/PayPal Help - An account I bought has been recovered | Community | RuneMate