1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Does Jagex delay bans?

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by blood1000, May 16, 2021.

1. blood1000

I remember in the early days Jagex used to do this before automating the process, but do they do it now? How long after botting a new account should you wait before knowing if it's safe from a ban? Always quite cautious when I've botted a fresh account.

2. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

Yes, they still have delayed bans. From my observation, there is no way to really tell that its "safe" from a ban. If you used a shit bot and escaped a ban, a month later, you may use a really good bot and get banned instantly ( I classify a "good" bot as a bot that makes little no to no mistakes, and you rarely get bans on). Leading me to believe even if you escape a ban, you may still be flagged.

3. blood1000

Thank you, if an account is flagged, would that effect the account if you do not bot on it afterwards? I'm creating a number of accounts by bot for sale on Elderado however I want to make sure I wait long enough for the owner not to get banned for botting.

4. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

There is no way, for anyone, or me to really know. I am just speculating, only Jagex's bot detection team can give you a definitive answer. But I have botted many accounts to high levels, that have not been banned after the fact, so If they make it through the cool down period, you should be fine. P.S. Hit me up in the DM's if anyone is interested, in custom artificially intelligent, blockchain, GPT3 anti-ban bots, to increase that likelihood. ;)

#4 Chieftain, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    blood1000 likes this.
  5. plateddesigns

from my experience I believe they do.