Dont ignore all OSRS Randoms

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Aidden, Apr 7, 2015.

  1. Aidden

    Aidden The better executive ;)

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,366
    Likes Received:
    678
    I know it's already been suggested somewhere that we have the option to ignore or dismiss but i think randoms such as the genie and others that give lamps shouldn't be ignored. @Cloud
     
    EvilCabbage likes this.
  2. Dan

    Dan

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2015
    Messages:
    60
    Likes Received:
    9
    Agreed. No xp waste ;)
     
  3. Geashaw

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,213
    Likes Received:
    201
    Even if I play legit (read, never...) I am too lazy to accept the lamp since it's more than one click...
     
  4. EvilCabbage

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,916
    Likes Received:
    584
    I think dismissing them instead of waiting till they dissapear is a lot less bot-like too.
     
    Falixus likes this.
  5. Falixus

    Falixus Guest

    Yeah, them trailing you will attract a lot of attention.
     
  6. Geashaw

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,213
    Likes Received:
    201
    That's where my dismissTask comes in handy :)
     
  7. PhaseCoder

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2015
    Messages:
    271
    Likes Received:
    26

    I thought about this the other day also it makes sense, i dded innto my bots so would collect genie lamp
     
  8. Defeat3d

    Defeat3d Prime Celestial

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,324
    Likes Received:
    562
  9. PhaseCoder

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2015
    Messages:
    271
    Likes Received:
    26

    But a normal player wouldn't dismiss everyone, I ave been playing legit lately due to my ban, and I dont dissmiss them all.
     
  10. Defeat3d

    Defeat3d Prime Celestial

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,324
    Likes Received:
    562
    Let the user select what to do with each random event, since every single one of them are already programmed into it.
     
  11. EvilCabbage

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,916
    Likes Received:
    584
    How about setting a certain percentage of chance the bot does the random event?

    Genie random: 65% chance on complete - 20% on ignore - 15% chance on dismissing after randomly generated time
    Capt'n Arnav: 35% chance on complete - 30% on ignore - 25% of dismissing after randomly generated time
    ....

    Addition to this could the bot sending a message to the server after still being in the random event after say 5-10 minutes? This message would indicate that there is an error with completing this random and it will automatically tell all other botters their client and turn their chance on complete to 0%. The bot that got stuck would of course log out and explain the bot user what happened in a pop up window or something.
     
    Seiv likes this.
  12. Overflow

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2014
    Messages:
    23
    Likes Received:
    1
    It shouldn't be decided by static values, this is the sort of thing player sense should be used for giving a different play style for all with slight session adjustments
     
  13. EvilCabbage

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,916
    Likes Received:
    584
    Ooh no, I meant that players should be able to decide these percentages in the advanced settings.
     
  14. Geashaw

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,213
    Likes Received:
    201
    Though the player should have correct math, right? I like the idea
     
    EvilCabbage likes this.
  15. Aidden

    Aidden The better executive ;)

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,366
    Likes Received:
    678

Share This Page

Loading...