1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Efficient Botting Through Remote VPN?

Discussion in 'General' started by opticness, May 15, 2017.

1. opticness

Hello! So I've recently looked into botting through a remote-access VPN (Microsoft Azure) since my computer can't handle bots very well. I've had one running pretty well, but the VPN I'm using can hardly even handle the one bot as it is. Current framerate is about 3 fps, and it's slow to load pixels. It's free granted, but I figured it would be better.

Setup: Windows Standard DS2 V2, 2 cores, 7 GB memory

I would really like to get up to running 3+ bots at a time, but this just doesn't seem doable using Microsoft. I've tried Google's VPN, but couldn't ever get it working from my Mac. Does anyone have any tips on running more bots through a VPN, or how to get the CPU usage down so I can run more?

Thanks in advance.

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

I believe you are referring to a VPS (virtual private server), not a VPN (virtual private network).

Bot with the client at minimum/safe mode and this will reduce the resource usage as much as possible. Otherwise it depends on the bot you are running - some are more resource intensive than others.

3. meulsie

I've heard that this is expected behaviour for a VPS and that if you want more bots running you need to look into a dedicated server which are generally more expensive. Think you're looking around $30 - $40 a month for something that will run a few bots