1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Failed to bind exception (problems with VPNs)

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by ArrancaRabo, Aug 10, 2020.

1. ArrancaRabo

ArrancaRabo Dimensional Emperor

Hi there,

I've been using RuneMate for quite a while with different computers and I've had a situation where I just had a fresh copy of Windows installed, RM was working 100% but after installing NordVPN the error of "Failed to bind to client because of an exception" was thrown. No other fixes actually worked but upon uninstalling NordVPN the problem went away.

I have used NordVPN with RM in the past in a different computer and has never been an issue, is there something that could be done in order to ensure I can still use this VPN with RM on this new computer?

Jessip likes this.
  2. ThePiratePyro

did you get a response

3. Jessip

I don't think I've used NordVPN while trying to run Runemate but that's definitely something I can try. I'm getting same error.
    Thank you for the post.

4. ArrancaRabo

ArrancaRabo Dimensional Emperor

No response from dev team. The only issue on using VPN while on RM is the added latency which can make it impossible for bots like Zulrah or other latency dependant action bots. Jessip if the problem persists a possible reformatting of the computer might solve it for long term.

5. Jessip

This SOLVED it for me. I'm still running both Runemate and osrs client in admin + windows 8 compatibility mode. All I did was uninstall NordVPN + restart and now it's all working. Thank you so much. Never would have guessed this. Would be great to know what the connection error is or how to have both, but I'm happy it's working