1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Failed to bind to virtual machine because of a AgentInitializationException - Check OneDrive

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by kreelix, Jan 28, 2018.

1. kreelix

Greetings everyone. I thought I would share my experience with this nasty bug and what the fix was for me since I didn't see it anywhere else.

I had been having issues with the "Failed to bind to virtual machine because of a AgentInitializationException" error message and tried everything. I even did a factory reset and still no fix!

What my fix was:
    The Old School Runescape client will automatically install to it's own file path, you can't choose. For me, it was installing to c:\users\%username%\OneDrive\

Because it was installing to the OneDrive path, the connection was being blocked between Runemate and the RS Client. After moving the entire RS client to C:\Users\%username%\ and changing the file path on the desktop icon, I was able to use Runemate without ANY issues!

Just throwing this out there for anyone else has been struggling as much as I have! If anyone needs any more detail on this I can update this post with pictures and things. Thanks!

EDIT: If you don't want to move folders and change file paths you can also do the following:

1. Uninstall the Runescape client completely
    2. Uninstall OneDrive
    3. Uninstall RuneMate
    4. Reinstall the Runescape client
    5. Reinstall the RuneMate client
    6. Launch RuneMate and see if it binds to the client

#1 kreelix, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Negrita and jvalleyep like this.
  2. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

That's actually pretty nice to find, and quite self explanatory as well. It can't establish a bridge between runemate and RuneScape because the runescape files are located on the cloud. I don't exactly know how the cloudsharing works in OneDrive, but I can imagine this being a problem.

3. HMoseley

I moved my entire RS client to the same location as well as changed the target location for the desktop icon and now it won't load the client because Runemate can't find it. Here is the log.

Attached Files:

4. kreelix

Can you tell me the name of the folder that you moved? The full file path would be best.

5. HMoseley

I just went ahead and uninstalled all Runescape and Runemate files, then uninstalled OneDrive completely from my computer (it was annoying anyways). Upon reinstalling the Legacy client as well as Runemate, it works! I am botting for the first time in well over a month. THANK YOU!

6. kreelix

AWESOME! I'm glad this has helped at least one other person lol. I will edit the first post to mention that you can also remove everything including one drive and start fresh.

7. HMoseley

I know there are more people that have this issue. I, among others, have made several threads requesting help from people. However, this is THE fix and I will be notifying them.

8. kreelix

Thank you! I plan to point them here as well as I see the problem come up. I guess I didn't realize this was such a major issue!

9. Georgemcballs

Georgemcballs Chillin Like A Villain

Hey all,
    I tried what OP posted and have tried many other solutions. None of which have worked. The runemate client switches between "Failed To Bind To Game Client Because of AgentInitialization" Error and "Failed To Bind To Game Client Because of Exception" Error. No matter how many times I reinstall java, runescape, and runemate as well as running everything as 32x I still get an error. It was working fine a few days ago. I have had this problem in the past and it seems to be random in nature. Any information would be greatly appreciated. As I said before, I have searched countless threads for possible solutions and nothing has worked so far.
    Thank you

10. kreelix

Can you tell me the full path that the Runescape client is installed to as well as the full path that Runemate is installed to?

11. Georgemcballs

Runescape Client:
    C:\Users\username\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\bin\JagexLauncher.exe runescape

Runemate:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\RuneMate\RuneMate.exe"

12. kreelix

Did you download the old school client? I ask because my file path for RS says C:\Users\username\jagexcache\jagexlauncher\bin\JagexLauncher.exe oldschool

Edit: Or are you trying to run Runemate with RS3?

#12 kreelix, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  13. taurtz

That probly means firewall is blocking it, try to deactivate the firewall for a min, try run client again and it should work, worked for me. :)

14. Georgemcballs

Sorry It took me so long to reply, I did just this and it worked!! You guys are the best. Thank you so much for all the help, awesome community :)

15. LordVengeance

Check your firewall settings as well, depending on which antivirus you use it may be blocking certain things in runemate from the internet and even runemate to the osrs client. If you have avast (Im currently using avast premium) the firewall tends to block it off and you need to make runemate an exception to allow it full access.

16. bluerose13x

is there a way to get stuff to not save to onedrive unless i tell it too?

17. I 2-PAC I

I have tried everything on this thread, amongst other ideas on community. I have been trying for like 2 months now and still nothing. I have McAfee and turned the firewall off and still nothing ffs. Can someone please help?

18. bluerose13x

have u tried letting it give u permission to run and such like i went into my antivirus and exceptions

19. I 2-PAC I

Hi Bluerose, I have also tried that. Both Runemate and OS client have full access and permission through my firewall :(

20. Negrita

I just did a installation on a clean Windows 10 laptop and ran into this problem. So wanted to bump it.

I simply copied the RS client from OneDrive to my user directory. (Didn't do any other steps besides restarting RM)