1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Fishing Spot Not Visible to runemate client despite being visible in game

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by screamopancakes, Apr 28, 2018.

1. screamopancakes

RuneMate Version:2.83.11
    Affected Games: OSRS
    1.Attempting to interact with "Small Net"
    Code (Text):
    1. Npc fishingSpot= Npcs.newQuery().names("Fishing spot").results().nearest();
    2. fishingSpot.interact("Small Net");
    trying to make my bot interact with a fishing spot using the small net option, it returns false.
    Changing "Small Net" to "Bait" makes the player interact with the fishing pool correctly just using bait instead.

Edit 5: this post has been through quite the number of edits so i nuked them and summed up what the bug is after doing some digging. The runemate client seems to think that some(not all) Fishing spots are not visible to the player, despite being visible. This causes it to not be given an interactablePoint and the bot then cannot click or do anything with it. it seems to happen the majority of the time however occasionally the client does see the fishing spot, i believe it just depends on where it spawns.

Affected fishing areas include : Draynor,Lumbridge(river) and Lumbridge below the graveyard.

there is a picture showing the bug in client and the fishing pool visible in game.

Edit: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the runemate client fixed it, not sure what caused it in the first place however.

Attached Files:

#1 screamopancakes, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  2. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Doublecheck the capitalization

3. screamopancakes

Checked the capitalization of both of them, the npc is correctly named "Fishing spot" and the interactions are "Small Net" and "Bait" respectively.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 28, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 28, 2018 ---
    I think it has something to do with the bot thinking it cant see the fishing spots(visibility 0, camera turning does nothing) despite being able to see them in game, so it is never given an InteractablePoint, thus the bot cannot click on them at all. i tried forcing right click and then the menu option but it still never gets past the point where it tries to click the fishing spot.

i also found a very similar thread from a while ago Resolved - Camera wont turnTo. changing the setting for me did nothing.

Attached Files:

#3 screamopancakes, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. Snufalufugus

Print out the menu options when you're right clicking the spot, and use that as your interaction string.

5. screamopancakes

it never even right clicks, that my problem, the spots show no interaction point or visibility despite being in plain sight.
    here is a picture from the dev client showing the lack of InteractablePoint and it being right in front of my face in game.

Attached Files:

6. Snufalufugus

If the client couldn't find a place to interact with it, .click() wouldn't work, and you said in edit 3 that it did.

Print out the menu options when you're right clicking the spot, and use that as your interaction string.

7. screamopancakes

some of the pools in this area are visible to the dev tools, im guessing that depending on where it spawns/moves to the pool will be interactable. never put in an edit to clarify that. so regardless of method it just comes down to where the pool spawns. i should be able to interact with all the pools however. not just random.