1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial [FIX] Win AgentInitializationException

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by EricArts, Mar 31, 2018.

1. EricArts

I've finally fixed the pesky little "AgentInitializationException" error that I've been getting on my Windows 10, 64-bit system for the past 2 days, and I wanted to share the steps I took to fix the problem, and hopefully others can fix the issue too.

Disclaimer: Before I get into the steps I took to fix the AgentInitializationException error, I want to note a few things.
    • Even thought this worked for me, it might not work for you.
    • The title is sort of a copy from the fix for this error for macOS, that was posted by Daniel on the forums. If you're running on macOS, and you've got this error, then try Daniels' tutorial on how to fix it here.
    With that out of the way, here are the steps I took to fix the AgentInitializationException error.
    • I uninstalled Java, RuneMate & RuneScape (OSRS).
    • I reinstalled RuneMate (RuneMate also installs the most compatible version of Java) & RuneScape (OSRS - from the official website). I made sure that both the RuneMate and RuneScape are installed on to the same drive (C drive for me, which is also where my OS is installed).
    • Crucial Step: I set the compatibility mode for OSRS & RuneMate to Windows 7, and made sure that they both run as Administrator upon launch.
    The last step seemed to fix everything, as when I tried running a bot after doing the final step, the bot took longer than usual to start-up, and it functioned perfectly.

#1 EricArts, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018