1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future update to paid bots suggestion

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Sancterus, Jul 23, 2015.

?

Would an array of options be better for paid bots?

1. Possibly

2. Yes

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sancterus

I see the business model is in a more lease a bot hourly at the moment. However, I think it would be more beneficial to keep this mode and add a daily payment option with maybe an hour or two knocked off the price. Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Annually/Lifetime. Whichever. I am thinking this from a business point-of-view as it will draw more customers in to do this. If not all developers are for this then simply adding the option for them to do this will open up a few doors. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a free trial period as this could potentially be exploited, as seen with RSbot or Epicbot. But I know it isn't much work for developers to delete a bit of code to remove features.

Maybe this is just me but I would prefer to be able to test a paid bot out for a couple of hours and then sample a week before paying for a lifetime copy.

I have added a poll, vote if you wish. This is just a suggestion so if you have different views please state them and maybe improve upon this, it is much welcomed.

2. SlashnHax

Imo, pay per hour is one of the fairest models, since the cost directly relates to the amount of usage, preventing gold farmers from over saturating methods/areas. Also, if an update breaks the bot, you don't waste 50% of your monthly subscription etc.
    Trials etc. are able to be implemented by the bot author, and it's not all that difficult to do so.

Good topic for discussion though, I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on it and their arguments for their preferred method.

3. alkimista

mmmm we have to consider two type of scripts bots: goldfarming and skilling.

Goldfarming i agree with slash, on other side skilling could be a good idea a one time payment options, or a week/months options

4. Prodigy

This has already been suggested by a few people including me in the past, but as of now it seems like the devs would like to stick to the hourly model, because as slash mentioned, it is one of the most fair models for the bot authors.

5. Falixus

Falixus Guest

I like the current system we're using as it most importantly keeps the bot author fairly compensated based on the usage of his bot. Not only this, but paying a one time fee and using the bot at will would most likely also result in the saturation of the method. That's just my two cents, though. ;)