Resolved Graphics settings resetting

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Aidden, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everytime i load the rs3 client or logout, it requires me to do the auto setup. I dunno if it's a problem with the client or my pc

@Cloud @Arbiter
  2. Run with the JRE instead of the JDK.
  3. Pretty sure i am.
    java -jar RuneMate.jar -sdk
    And the process it runs is java.exe
  4. That doesn't mean anything honestly, by default a lot of systems use the jdk. Try running it explicitly with a JRE's java.exe
  5. This is happening sometimes with me.
    I'm running it via the JRE with C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
  6. The main reason I think it is running the jre is because if I try to run it without that file the scripts bots tmdont run properly
  7. Im not sure if it works but you could write click on the runemate jar and click open with and location the jre?
  8. Okay interesting. If i do that and run it with java.exe the client doesn't even open.
    If i run it with javaw.exe it runs. When it ran with javaw.exe i did the auto setup again and then re-ran using my batch file and it's stopped asking for setup... WTF
    #8 Aidden, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  9. Open up cmd, cd to the RuneMate jar directory, and enter

Code (Text):
    1. "\full\path\to\java.exe\in\quotes" -jar RuneMate.jar -sdk
    With a default installation of JRE8 it would be
    Code (Text):
    1. "C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\bin\java.exe" -jar RuneMate.jar -sdk
  10. Alternatively re-install JRE (after the JDK installation) and the JRE should be the default execution choice.

Alternatively part 2, manually set the JAVA_HOME path variable to the JRE path. Google for more information.
  11. The weird thing is though, if i choose run with java.exe the client doesnn't load, but with javaw.exe it does. And now after doing that and running it the way i was before, it's no longer asking for auto-setup
  12. Quick noob question whats the recommended RS graphic settings? OpenGL, Min, Fixed??
  13. It doesn't really matter, runemate is designed to function identically on all of them.
  14. Please don't gravedig old threads with new questions. Make your own.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.