1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Hacked through Runemate?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by My name is Pickle, Oct 27, 2020.

Tags:
?

Have you also been wrongly hacked using RuneMate? w/o having other third party programs

Poll closed Nov 3, 2020.
  1. Absolutely!~

100.0%
  2. Yes (not really, I used other programs.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. My name is Pickle

Now, I've read some threads about people getting hacked due to RuneMate but, the underlying problem being some other program or private server that they've been using that has led to the hacking of their accounts and being robbed of their items.

I've only recently returned to OSRS, and the only outside program I have used is RuneMate. I'm not so sure of the legitimacy of the bots themselves. Not sure of the process they go through to make sure that they are legitimate. The client itself may be trustworthy but, the people who makes the scripts bots/bots I'm not so sure I can trust.

I say this because I was recently hacked over the weekend. Items were safe, but 900k gold was taken. The last script bot used before leaving for the weekend was the Herblore Lite script bot. I can safely say that I haven't used any other programs, gone to any other private servers for OSRS, or gave my information to anyone as no one on OSRS talks to low leveled players anymore.

My old account as well, which I have recovered first before making my new account, always ends up at Castle Wars. Items and Gold untouched but, I do know that this is where Account Hijackers take accounts they've gained access to, to unload from stolen accounts onto their own.

You can see that this is all very weird, considering that these events only happened after using RuneMate. I've read that RuneMate would NEVER HACK or STEAL from its client base but, how true is that? I won't go complaining to Jagex for my 900k back because I've obviously cheated for it but, what's the assurance that this won't happen again? Or that it's even true that RuneMate would never HACK/STEAL from me or other players?

edit: I have resorted to using an Authenticator which hinders my botting times but, if it's safer and I get to keep my items without the threat of being hacked, it's a win(though small).

#1 My name is Pickle, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. vitalfleaa

where's the no option?

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

If you trust runemate, you can safely trust the bots. Every bot and every update to a bot is manually reviewed and approved by admins.

900k is worth 25 cents or so. I absolutely promise you no one at runemate has any interest in stealing your 900k. It's impossible for us to tell you what got you hacked, but it's usually from a scam ad (eg a FB ad for "RuneScape" but it's a scam site), or a twitch stream, or a Google search, or an old password, or just a keylogger.

2 factor authentication is a good choice, as is changing all your passwords including your email.

I'm online now, I can give you a mill ingame if you want, lol. PM me a world and location if you like.

Fury, My name is Pickle and Arbiter like this.
  4. My name is Pickle

No, that's ok.. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't crazy. As for the ads or external websites, I may have fallen for those 10 years ago but, now I usually ignore them or block them. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. You keep your 0.25 cents though. ;) Thanks again.

CuppaJava likes this.