1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Hacked

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by Robinvieveen, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Robinvieveen

Hey there,

Before I start I want to point out that I don't suspect RuneMate of trying to hack into my account, but something definitely is.

A couple of days ago I received and email stating that I had requested to remove my authenticator. Ofcourse I changed my password right away. Today, about ten minutes ago, I received another email about this. I'm doing a scan using malware bytes now. Does anyone have any tips? Anything I should watch out for?

I've only been using OSBuddy and Runemate in the last couple of days since it started.

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Well, it's great to see you haven't immediately jumped to blaming RuneMate - that's what most people do...

To clarify; RuneMate is not responsible for what you are experiencing.

If you've visited any dodgy websites, downloaded anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, this is where I would start looking.

A full scan of your PC, plus changing your passwords on your registered email(s) and RuneScape account(s) and RuneMate account should hopefully resolve all of this.

And remember to enable two-factor authentication on all of the above, if you haven't already.

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

You say you've only used them in the last few days, have you used any other 3rd party client before? Have you visited any other suspicious sites? Make sure to change ALL your passwords, especially your email(s), and possibly even do the password changing from your phone in case your PC is keylogged.

4. Rope

Rope Wise Old Man

Definitely phished or maybe key-logged... it's as easy to catch them nowadays with fake links (ex. yoütube). be careful what you use and ALWAYS wear protection ;-)

5. Robinvieveen

I have changed my password right as I posted my first post. Haven't been touched by baddies since. Must've just guessed it or something. Ah well.