1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hacked

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by I frozen i, Apr 23, 2020.

1. I frozen i

I’ve been botting on my high level pure now for many months no problems. I recently decided to bot more risky skills, so I put most of my wealth on a low level account. That was a few weeks ago.

noticed today that my low leveled account got hacked last night. Someone took about 50m or so. How would I have gotten hacked? Password wasn’t changed on the account.

2. Swych

I'd suggest you've downloaded something recently, or your details were leaked from a database breach elsewhere. Regardless, RuneMate has no interest in taking items from users accounts, with thousands of active sessions per day even if we did that would be way too much work to warrant doing so.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your items, you'd definitely benefit from a thorough virus-scan plus a manual review of software you've downloaded in the recent past.

CuppaJava likes this.
  3. Memer

check did i get pwned for email leak maybe

4. I frozen i

I never downloaded anything and that account not many people would know about. Plus the password was different. Unfortunately it seems like I could have been key logged maybe. Unless my cousin hacked me lol but idk if he’d do that.

5. Swych

I use a password manager and it’s real useful for unique, long passwords.

6. I frozen i

I just noticed today that my other account was hacked. Authenticator set on it. It was a low level pure. They got it 40 defence and had it set up for zulrah botting.

7. isofor isofo

hijacked prolly...thats why i have my passwords on ahk....quicker and smarter

8. Negrita

How does ahk help to keep a password save?

9. Swych

You can hook up a hotkey to "type" your password which was generated from a unique pw generator. Keyloggers wont pick it up.

10. I frozen i

Whoever hacked me tried to turn my account into a zulrah bot. They also hacked another account with the same intentions.

11. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

Activate the authenticator...

12. I frozen i

Didn’t think it was necessary on that account sadly. Oh well my mistake. The guy keeps putting authenticator on my account and gearing it up for zulrah and/or barrows sometimes. I keep taking the stuff. One day I might get my 50+m back