1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Whitemire96, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Whitemire96

Thought that I would just introduce myself

I'm Bob from Scotland and I have recently been getting into osrs botting, this being my third client and API that I have worked with. It looks like I will be staying here for the foreseeable future to be honest just because of how things are done around here

These are some of the skills I bring with me which I will be happy to try and help anyone with, though I don't claim to be an expert :D
    • Java
    • Kotlin
    • Groovy
    • Maven
    • Gradle
    • IntelliJ
    • Linux
    • SQL/JDBC
    • Git

2. EvilCabbage

Welcome, dude. That's quite a list.

3. altscape

Welcome!

I'd love to learn Java, I'm familiar with the basic terminology and some very basic functions - aside from that I don't really know how to further my knowledge.

If you have any resources you'd recommend (with the end goal of developing RuneMate bots), I'd appreciate it!

4. Whitemire96

Good to hear!
    A lot of people like the Head First Java book, I just learned through where I work though however, if you are free this weekend or some time next week as I am off work, we could make a chicken killer or woodcutting bot if you like, this would probably consist of:
    1. Setting up a development environment (JDK, IntelliJ)
    2. Creating a project in Java
    3. Using the RuneMate API and TreeBot framework
    I don't care about being paid as I feel I would benefit from this also

5. altscape

Wow, that would be awesome. That's such a nice offer haha.

I have a lot of free time at the moment, as I've left work (starting uni in 5 weeks) so I'm online quite a lot. Do you have discord/skype? If so PM me your details and I'll add you and we can arrange something.

Cheers man!