1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 How do I fully secure an account I purchased?

Discussion in 'RS3' started by paulsamaroo, Oct 18, 2018.

1. paulsamaroo

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Not possible, the original owner can always recover the account.

fishinghelp likes this.
  3. paulsamaroo

So then selling accounts is an easy way to scam people then?

4. Wet Rag

extremely.

5. Worek

So I've bought and sold a few accounts on a specific site I will not name as I'm not sure it's against the rules. Prior to following my own guidelines the accounts were reclaimed about 50/50. After following my own guidelines I have never had an account be reclaimed.

Here is what I've noticed:
    1. If the seller doesn't have a shitload of Rep (i'm talking minimum of 500 rep with at least a few account sales from a while ago) with the vast majority being positive (98%+) and ALL of the negative feedbacks are not actually negatives. This is a bad sign and the account will almost always be reclaimed.
    2. If the account does not have an email set, meaning you can set the email FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR THE ENTIRE ACCOUNT. This is a very good sign that the account will almost never be reclaimed.
    3. If this is a RS3 account, your odds of it being reclaimed are much lower than an OSRS account.
    4. In either case, if there are days of membership remaining, it is a BAD SIGN and will most likely be reclaimed.
    5. If the account is a Main account, and has virtually no bank, this can go either way. If the seller has A LOT of positive rep, than they probably bought the account and sold off the gold stock. If the seller doesn't have a lot of rep, and their existing rep doesn't have a lot of gold sale transactions, this is a HORRIBLE SIGN and it will almost 100% be reclaimed.
    In reality I follow 2 rules to avoid being:
    1. The seller ABSOLUTELY must have a lot of rep, including selling accounts over at least a 6 month time, and none of them need to be reclaimed.
    2. The email must NOT be set OR I need to be given ample reclaim methods such as a social media link to the user, old email accounts, and the last payment method they used. (this is only viable when buying from an individual. As they also don't want their account banned, so having this much info allows you to have some leverage.)

6. Wet Rag

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no matter what information you have the original owners ip can claim back an account immediately.

7. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff