Question How should I walk to places beyond the scope of the minimap?

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Flamo, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Hi, I'm new here, and I'm just trying to write my first script bot for darkscape. I'm used to the api being more user friendly, so I've got a few questions.

Is there a working webwalking api? If so, how would I use it?

2. If I wanted to walk from Lumbridge Home to a predefined rectangular Area in the swamp, how would I do that?

Is there a data type like CoordinateArea or something, that would be like a rectangle made from two coordinates?

3. If someone would be willing to add my skype to provide me with live assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Try joining the developer chat if you want faster responses to questions like this. I don't know how to help you, but I'm sure the people in the dev chat do.
  3. I'm probably just as newbie as you at this, and on top of that I've only written bots in OSRS, but since nobody else has responded I might as well

the standard way to build a webpath and walk it seems to be:
    WebPath p = Traversal.getDefaultWeb().getPathBuilder().buildTo(position);
    if (p != null) { p.step(); }

What I've done when I need to do this is manually make an Area.Rectangular (using runemate's dev tools to get the positions), like this:
    Area.Rectangular area = new Area.Rectangular(new Coordinate(x1,y1), new Coordinate(x2,y2));
    Then to walk to a position in it 'Area' has lots of built in functions, I prefer to use area.getRandomCoordinate()
    You can also then check if you're already there with area.contains(Players().getLocal())
    #3 noobtagonist, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    laudon and Flamo like this.