1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS How to Avoid Detection (Newbs Guide)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by delta, Nov 28, 2017.

?

Do you agree with this guide?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Yes, but there is more to it

28 vote(s)
    48.3%
  4. Yes, I think you are pretty spot on

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. No, you don't know anything :(

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. delta

Hello everyone, thank you for stopping by. I have been searching and testing the last couple of weeks to gather as good of an understanding as I possibly can about how the bot detection system works. We all know it's a pretty well-guarded secret. I have talked to many different bot authors across multiple forums, including different gold farmers... Most, as you can understand, were pretty hesitant and didn't give me as much. I am not here to start a debate, I am here to give my opinion and some of my tips that I have developed from the guide located here on the website at the top of the guides section and things that I believe can help lessen the odds of your account being banned. I have also been doing some different testing regarding new accounts, time played, and a few other variables.

1) Time & Account Age Botting : We all know this is a massive factor, we want xp and gp. How much is too much? Unfortunately, this question can't be answered definitively for everyone. This also depends on the quality of the bot you are using. 3-5 hours is what I would consider to be very safe on most standard accounts, but bearing in mind new accounts as most of you know are subject to more scrutiny from Jagex. Most of my time botting during testing involved intervals from 6-8 hours a day with high quality mostly premium scripts bots, out of 3 accounts I still have 3 remaining. Some of the highlights are: 95 firemaking, 83 fletching, and 74 smithing. I've been running these accounts approximately 3 weeks with total success.

I have not been able to test Account Age as a factor, however; I have read from lots of different sources that this can help prolong your account from being banned, or it will help you remain more under the radar than a typical account fresh of the island. I do not have independent testing done in order to prove this so please take this with a grain of salt. But, I do strongly believe this could be one of the many factors that can affect an account.

2) Quest Points: This more opinionated than the rest of the guide so please bear that in mind if you choose to read this section. Over these 3 accounts, I have completed some of the most simple quests... Doric's Quest, Cook's Assistant, Imp Catcher, Rome & Juliet, Witch's Potion, mostly by hand. I have to say I feel a lot more confident botting with a few quests out of the way. Perhaps it's just my mere opinion, but it makes me feel like the account is more legitimate as a whole. As well, a majority of bots do not do quests. Some do, and some do a great job at it, but typically skilling and gp is the primary function of botting. I also completed Dwarf's Cannon for Cannon Ball money making.

3) Interval Skilling: The last time I was banned was when I was using a hunter script bot from a long time ago... I got really carried away with one skill and that's why my account got banned. On these accounts, I like to switch a skill every 30-60 minutes but sometimes less often. I find that this is also a recommended tip among others throughout the interwebs. The other night, I botted 2 hours of agility, did 2 quests, knocked out 2 hours of wintertodt, did some legit cannon balls for an hour and called it good. This is an example of keeping the interval skilling involved. Bots don't switch skills (humans do) and ultimately this isn't a feature I think any bots will have in the near future. (I might be wrong)

4) IP Address / MAC Profiling: I don't know how heavily Jagex uses IP's anymore.. But, I have seen this thrown around multiple different places so I personally think it's best to error on the caution. I think Mac Profiling may be more designated for gold farmers based on the following scenario: Student A plays runescape in his university a lot, but he doesn't bot. Student B, and C, are gold farmers at this university. Jagex investigates and finds that student B and C are non-legit, while student A doesn't appear to be botting. Jagex wants to flag this IP, but would player A still get flagged? It's not rocket science to make some reports about IP addresses and what Mac they may be using... I can't say for certain on the Mac thing, nor the IP because I do not have first-hand experience with it.

5) Breaking: Maybe I will sound like an idiot saying this, but am I the only one that thinks play an hour take 10 minute - 15 minute break looks fake as shit? Why not break for 40-60 minutes? Or, leave the account off for 3 hours. I typically bot in the morning and lunch, then I break all evening and into sleep or if I do login... I hang out and talk with some friends at the GE doing a little flipping. I also like to refrain from playing during Jagex working hours to avoid a manual ban, but I do realize they collect evidence outside of this. I just prefer not too, it is totally up to you what to do with your account.

6) Playing for Fun? Or for Profit?:
    This is primarily for the people playing for fun.. Nothing against the profit guys but this last one is for the people botting for achieve goals in the game and have fun... I love nothing more than being able to do a little grindscape.. I don't bot every day, I have recently on these accounts, but in reality there's no point botting every day.. I think you should still have fun and do other things than bot some people do, but I also think some people get too carried away with botting. As we speak I am doing a little cooking, not necessarily for the gains, but just for the fun of it... I think if you are more about it for the fun, taking a day off every once in awhile could signifcantly prolong the life of your account.

In closing thoughts, I'd like to say to keep things as safe as possible bot for 3-4 hours a day or less. Switch up your skills, take good breaks, quest, don't bot everyday. Use premium scripts bots if you are able, but if not you can still bot and do well. No good thieving script bot? Do some thieving. High ban wcing scripts bots? Do a little woodcutting... I believe the bans for most main accounts is very altrustic meaning that Jagex hand-bans a lot of people after reviewing numbers... I do believe some legitimate players do get falsely banned. There are records of it on YouTube, and some bans are reversed.

Dark Frost and EvilCabbage like this.
  2. forbobo

IP/profiling is definitely a factor. Anybody who's done heavy gold farming would support that claim.

delta likes this.
  3. delta

Agreed, thank you for your comment. I think for the standard botter it's not too much of a concern, but I still think they should take it into consideration.

4. Wet Rag V2

No one knows nothing about there bot detection. All hear say.

5. 0PrivacyMatter0

I like your thread but I have some fixes for you. Account age is very important in my case, 3 years ago it was created. My newer accounts from 2years ago got banned but main was left untouched. (they banned my mules twice seperate times leaving my main untouched) I also noticed I donated a lot of GP or strangers before botting max cape, potential good way to keep good books for Jagex. (i tried it, not getting banned i bot 247 nonstop the same skills and its actually working). Yes my IP is flagged and im still botting, there's no real theory behind Jagex, they might let you slide if they like you it's as simple as that

delta likes this.
  6. forbobo

That entire paragraph actually made me laugh multiple times. Especially the ip flag part because i guarantee you're not.

#6 forbobo, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  7. 0PrivacyMatter0

its k bud look at my signature theres proof

8. delta

Regardless, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I do believe account age has some good value too. Why would Jagex look at trade logs if I can ask? Why would they care if you are giving gp? not trying be mean... I just don't understand why they would consider that.

forbobo likes this.
  9. forbobo

yeeeup lmfao
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 28, 2017 ---
    probably one of the most comical "theories" i've heard in the time i've been botting.

#9 forbobo, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    delta likes this.
  10. 0PrivacyMatter0

undercover jmods exist sir. correct me if im wrong but ive only seen one in my lifetime. he was a regular player with special powers (morphing the NPC like a jmod) only showed the crown once he talked, i truly believe i might of donated to a mule (not the one i mentioned), they might have not looked at logs (unless for goldfarming purposes they might monitor it since they do goldfarming bans with regular botting)

11. forbobo

he's not an "undercover jmod" if when he talks the crown shows up lol.

hey man, whatever helps you sleep in peace while you bot. do you only bot on that 1 account (often)? very common to make it extremely far undetected if you've only ever seriously botted one account since there's a 0% chance of an ip being flagged.

12. 0PrivacyMatter0

ive had bans bro i dont explain myself well im french. he was a special player in the game thats all you need to know, he was invisible with no clothes on, he was an npc, he did not have the name "mod" in his name, that's what i mean

13. Party

Party Client Developer

I mean that's just not true.

14. 0PrivacyMatter0

I truly believe that they act accordingly to their beliefs of the player. If they respect the player they may act differently. They need to secure a community if you think of it from a Jmod's office perspective they would protect valuable players low key

15. forbobo

[​IMG]
    this is a good shit post thread, where's @Squidl when ya need him

16. 0PrivacyMatter0

You don't own a game dog, when you run a game... You let the loyal people slide sometimes, do you not have common sense?

17. epicmedic0

lol...you are one weird individual

Rentico and forbobo like this.
  18. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Lmao good luck running a game company with that attitude

Rentico and forbobo like this.
  19. 0PrivacyMatter0

loyal people make charity causes and streams

20. forbobo

zzzzz