1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS how to find specific area radius for combat bots?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Wilkesi, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Wilkesi

hello

just need to know how do I find a specific radius of a place on runescape for combat scripts bots for when I need to return to an area after banking my loot?

the bot I use lots what I ask it to do and banks fine but needs a radius to return back to so I can proceeding in gaining more loot.

The area I need is for lumbridge swamp(giant frog area) for big bone collection.

but would like to know for future reference when I can find specific radius points.

cheers.

2. lb25

Depending on what bot, the default distance measurement used is Manhattan. That is if I moved +5 coordinates east, then moved +5 coordinates north, that would be a distance of 10. So you effectively are left with a perfect square in a diamond shape.

Regardless, back to the original question, if you use one of the development tools and get the players absolute position from the "center" point, then an an outer region, you would be provided with 2 coordinates in the form:
    Coordinate(x, y, z). Ignore z.

for example:
    Coord1(2500, 2500, 0)
    Coord2(2505, 2505, 0)

distance = |x1-x2|+|y1-y2|
    = 5 + 5
    = 10

Your radius is 10.
    Hope this helps.