1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Report Dead Bots

Discussion in 'General' started by Dont Ban me Bro, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Dont Ban me Bro

Hello all,
    Thanks for reading, I have a simple question. I have been told by many people (@American Express @Cloud ) to post reviews and discuss in the bot creators board for issues concerning the functionality, or lack of functionality of certain bots.

How do I report bots as being out of date or broken for a long time, when the creator doesnt not care about them?
    I have having issues getting real answers.
    I even had a bot developer read my problem, quote something out of context and never addressed the issue.Never said anything about it, never an update, or anything, never asked me (like any real developer would), what the issue was and explain to me the concerns I have or issues I had were caused by "X". No I got none of that.

How can I adequately address this concern?[/USER]

#1 Dont Ban me Bro, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Wet Rag likes this.
  4. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

5. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Do I get some/all of that?

awesome123man likes this.
  6. Dont Ban me Bro

>????

#6 Dont Ban me Bro, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  7. CuppaJava

I mean it was my idea so I think I should get the money (y)

8. Fused

Half the bots on market are broken. Don't think admins or mods give 2 fucks. Good luck.

9. Dont Ban me Bro

Then they act like I am the A hole for even bringing it up lmao. I only complain about the current one because the author isnt even addressing the issues or concerns with it, blowing off peoples reviews and discussions. I called him out on it, and now I am the Bhole lmao. I mean could have prevented this if the darn thing worked correctly, or even addressed the concerns.

Why else even have the broken bot section if no one even gives a crap about it?

10. Fused

Yeah, it's a bummer. Runemate is awesome because the ban rate is so low. Clearly, they're doing something right.

But the scripts bots are mostly broken and the higherups are toxic as fuck.

Dont Ban me Bro likes this.
  11. Dont Ban me Bro

I have not noticed the toxicity to much, except for the 1 author, and I will not brush all of them for action (inaction in this case) of 1 of them.

Runemate is legit, but the customer service is subpar. If you have a payment issue it gets resolved, because its a legal issue, however the products I have seen are either very good (like divine magicks) that is an amazing one, hats off to that guy, or they are not working. The ones that are "meh" like regal agility beta, are , meh because of different issue, that I want to bring up to the author, but after the way I was treated by him, I dont know if he will even acknowledge it.

Fused likes this.
  12. CuppaJava

Boi we're just memeing, don't take people's posts here too seriously.

If a bot is broken, report it on the relevant thread(s). If you lose 3 cents on a bot, ask for a refund, but if you don't get one just stop using that bot. The higher ups aren't toxic, the only actual "higher ups" currently are Cloud, Arbiter and American Express, and the latter is a forum mod only. And I've never seen them act noticably toxic.

We just see threads constantly that already have a FAQ so people joke around on them.

A bot author doesn't have to listen to your feedback btw. He doesn't even have to fix the bot. This isn't a job. If enough people report a broken bot it just won't get used anymore/be taken down eventually.

/rant

13. Dont Ban me Bro

I fully understand and I agree with you. The only issue it comes down to is how long will a broken bot be allowed to stay on the site. Thats my real question. I dont think everyone is toxic, that was the other guy lol.

I get it really, I dont actually care, runemate is legit, its just there seems like a lack of care on some bot authors accounts. Serious issues causing serious problems, you would think they want to know what the users think, not that they will fix it, but at least reason with them or try to understand.

14. CuppaJava

It's just very time consuming for admins to verify that bots are actually broken. Bots get falsely reported a lot by randoms who just don't know what they're doing, or for short term client bugs that get fixed soon. My bot got a bad review a couple days ago for a client bug that is out of my control, for example.

I mean yeah and no, in a perfect world every bot author would care to fix their stuff, but some have moved on or just lost motivation for writing bots.

On a side note, a lot of reported bots partially work/work in specific instances, but the author isn't available to make it perfect. From my point of view these arguably shouldn't be deleted since a semi-working bot is better than no bot. Just write a note in the thread saying what instances it breaks in.

15. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

You mentioned me before you edited it

16. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

17. CuppaJava

Eh they spent money on supporter, not really leeches.

18. Wet Rag

LEECHES

19. CuppaJava

Can't argue with that :rolleyes:

Wet Rag and awesome123man like this.
  20. Wet Rag

You can and you'll probably win