1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved How to run client on Ubuntu?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by LucasSousa, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. LucasSousa

Hi guys, first I do not know if this question has been settled, after not getting satisfactory results in my search here on the forum.

So what are the basic commands to run the client on Ubuntu? It is better (easier) to use the version with installer or standalone? Use the terminal to that?

Sorry for these basic questions, but I had to change my operating system today. :(

I hope to help me, thank you.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Glitch, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Glitch

I'm currently using linux and I just used the installer and it works fine, but you could use the standalone version and run
    Code (Text):
    1. java -jar RuneMate.jar
    from the terminal.

Also here's a list of helpful command line arguments you could use via the terminal if you wanted
    If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

LucasSousa likes this.
  4. LucasSousa

Nice, thanks for replying! One more question, before making
    Code (Text):
    1. java -jar RuneMate.jar
    I need specify the folder of the client? Or just puting this at terminal solve the problem?

marcusfascio likes this.
  5. Glitch

You need to be in the same directory as the file, it's most likely in your Downloads directory so you should do
    Code (Text):
    1. cd ~/Downloads
    If this is you first time using linux, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the command line. There are many great sources out there.
    I even made this website to help out new users learn some basic linux commands, which you should check out: Hlynux

LucasSousa likes this.
  6. LucasSousa

Thanks, Glitch! Is not my first time using Ubuntu, but I don't have some knowledge to solve situations like that by myself, so thanks again for support. :):)