1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to visually make a bot, without coding?

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by Microsoft, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Microsoft

Microsoft Ex-Staff

Hi guys,

I really wanna contribute to RuneMate by writing bots, but I don't have any programming skills.
    I've tried learning Java a couple of times, but just can't do it..
    I do however know how to make programs and bots using a visual creator, such as uBot.
    With it, I can make a program for pretty much anything, apart from Java lol..

Now my question is, is there a way to make bots with visual elements instead of all code ?
    I've tried to code a couple of times, but I just cant do it.

2. Abysm

I'm pretty sure there is no way to do it with runemate but there is one bot that makes visually scripts bots or some macro programs but they're pretty much for little to no complexity at all kind of bots.

my best suggestion is just to try checking out open source bots on botstore, read tutorials and ask for help if you cant find the solution to your problem yourself

#2 Abysm, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Microsoft likes this.
  3. Led

Led

Just read some of the tutorials @Party's coding chronicles are a great place to start, then find an open sourced bot and investigate the code; figure out what each class and segment does and you'll get the hang of the API before you know it and be able to write some bots (albeit beginner bots, but gotta start somewhere).

Microsoft likes this.
  4. GoogleFox

GoogleFox Professional Quester

@Microsoft
    I personally think that @Party has an amazing Coding Chronicles, but I wish he continued them. The beginning on setting things up are a little outdated but I learn better by reading than watching videos. There are good tutorials on the forums if you look for them.

Microsoft likes this.
  5. Party

Party Client Developer

They aren't really relevant to my current experience, it was when I was pretty novice and trying to help other novices get started. If I was going to continue them it'd have to be video examples of me writing bots to make open source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

Soon.TM