1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I clicked on a "double xp" runescape Ad.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by ihatepcgames, Jun 14, 2019.

1. ihatepcgames

So the title pretty much sums it up. When I first started playing runescape again like 6 months ago I was naïve and clicked a double xp ad. I logged into the phishing site using my osrs info and obviously I didn't get double xp lmao. My question is what do I do now that I know my account info is in the wrong hands? As of now I've invested a lot of time and irl money into this main. Obviously I had the authenticator on but how do I maximize the security of my account now that its exposed? Nothing has happened yet but im just waiting for the day.

2. ILoveTurtleSnacks

Change email, re-activate auth, change password.

3. Blackfire223

I had a similar thing happen on Twitch. Thought I was watching a real streamer and they were having a giveaway. Thought nothing of it until I had typed my email address on the site in question. Best you can do is change everything and hope for the best.

4. TenEighty

TenEighty (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ FourTwenty ♥

Just Do what others say, change everything multiple times to create a backlog i'm not sure if i will do anything but might be harder for them to track the real email you login with etc

5. unibot

call jagex

Wet Rag likes this.