1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question I really need help finding interface id

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by mastalewt, Jul 13, 2020.

1. mastalewt

Okay guys, let's say i want to find the interface id of the wilderness warning that says "Enter wilderness" and "Don't go" how do i do that? How can i find the id of both buttons too? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ddds.png

EDIT: nevermind, i just used Devkit++ and found it for anyone that have the same problem as me.

#1 mastalewt, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Kobo likes this.
  2. Kobo

Was wondering the same thing, thanks!

Edit: Just added DevKit++ but still can't figure out, can you explain how you got it?

#2 Kobo, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I haven't actually tested it in this instance but my first reaction would be to do something like

Code (Text):
    1. Interfaces.newQuery().texts("Enter Wilderness").results();
    to find the button. I'm not sure why so many people like finding interface ids tbh. It speeds up your code a bit rather than querying every time, but that's pretty negligible tbh.

4. Kobo

So if I was looking for a GE buy interface component, how would querying help? Wouldn't I get multiple results? How would I know which result matches which component?

5. mastalewt

Okay so what i did is the following:

Open up Devkit++, InterfaceExplorer, Click where it says "Texts" tick the "contains" one then just type in the title of your interface.

get the number of that interface with the given results then;

InterfaceComponent enterWild = Interfaces.newQuery().containers(XXX).filter(e -> e != null && e.getActions() != null && e.getActions().contains("Enter Wilderness")).results().first();

this is what i did, just replace "XXX" with the numbers you get from your results.

This is not my line of code, credits goes to the user named "Succulent".

Kobo likes this.