1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think bots need update runescape update messed up

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by miltonbrad, Jun 20, 2019.

1. miltonbrad

So i think all the bot authors need to be called to arms to update their bots. Ive tried 4 master farmer bots and non of them are working they all just sit there saying the same task over and over and not doing anything. I also tested on some other free bots and non of them are working right either. I really think bot authors need to pay more attention to their bots if they are gonna charge for them.

Crayola and plateddesigns like this.
  2. plateddesigns

3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Have you posted a detailed bug report, including providing screenshots and/or videos and accompanying log files to help the Bot Authors debug what is occurring?

Serene likes this.
  4. plateddesigns

You want us to do this with every bot? Every single one I tested (10+) were broken.

5. Blackfire223

When were the bots last updated? What are their names? Are there reports on each bot about issues? The information is useful to the developers to try and establish what is going on.

Jhinn likes this.
  6. tehsam

same here for me, 10+ tested and none working even paid ones

7. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

When were the bots last updated? What are their names? Are there reports on each bot about issues? The information is useful to the developers to try and establish what is going on.

samvo, Serene and Blackfire223 like this.
  8. miltonbrad

The problem alot of authors abandoned or havent been online much in the past couple months. I think they should review every bot and take it off the market if they are not working till the editors have updated their products. I was using regal theiving for 2 week working fine at master farmer, and all of a sudden a runescape update made the bot just sit there saying "changing root task" and dose nothing only sometimes will it just walk two or one spaces around where the master farmer is. I was gonna use quick tanner pro but i dont think i want to try to use the bot til i see a update from the author that could fix it from not working and sitting there. I have also used scuffed dragon tanner and it was working fine up to a week ago now it just sits thre with the bank open saying "walking to tanner" or something. Its not about reporting the issues its that the authors dont get on to fix them.

ozan21 likes this.
  9. Blackfire223

Bot authors aren't prowling their bots everyday/week to see if an update has broken a function. It relies on us, people using them, to report an issue in the appropriate manner so they can be made aware. However, it is true that some authors do go MIA and in those instances you can flag staff members to ask if they bot can be removed/taken down so further issues don't arise.

American Express likes this.
  10. rufus

rufus Rasta

Hi Blackfire, I tots get you being a former scripter myself - it's most/all of the supporter bots need small tweaks - that there can be times of high demand and personal issues preventing you or others from staying on top of it. Really though, a careful and caring author is always happy to take the time to work it out and prowl around for a bit testing methods.

It's not good enough to simply put the onus totally on us....

11. Blackfire223

Product testing can always been done faster by the masses over one author however. Not saying that someone that makes bots should completely abandon all work until they get a notification that a thread has updated but at the same time, a fair amount of authors do this in their spare time or part while doing various other things in life, so it helps when people post bug reports.

rufus and Swatarinaess like this.
  12. Fabreze

Fabreze #1 Fabric Cleaner

If you have an issue with a bot let the author know either by PM or the bot discussion or even reviewing it. IMO, reviewing is the best as sometimes I don't get notifications for the bot thread discussion, but will always get notified of a review, plus it also lets other users know if there are any issues with the current version of the bot! A review takes maybe a minute to do, you don't have to do it for all 10 you tested but at least one, and hopefully it'll catch the authors attention.

With that being said though, some authors already know about the issue and are working on a fix, I know gMasterFarmer is getting worked on currently.

rufus likes this.