1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input needed! College student looking to make $$$ Gold farming?

Discussion in 'General' started by Vyxionn, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Vyxionn

Hey guys! I'm just another broke-ass college student looking to make ends meet. I own a laptop and desktop, and I was thinking about getting into gold farming. I'd like to get as much feedback as possible.

Questions.

1. RS3 or OSRS for gold farming?
    • If RS3, what would you recommend farming? Div or something else?
    • If OSRS, what would you recommend training?
    • Are there any other advantages to botting RS3 for goldfarming, as the ban rates are lower in regards to OSRS
    2. How do you deal with selling rs gold and what recommendations do you all have for the most effective and safest ways for gold transferring and selling?

3. About how much in USD/hr or GP/hr (RS3/OSRS) do you guys see is possible to make with this method, granted I could probably only run 5-6 bots simultaneously?

4. Do you have any general tips that could help me? I've currently botted a little over 100m RS3 xp.

2. Manager

Hey, i'm exactly your situation, and so far i've had mild succes.
    1. RS3 or OSRS for gold farming? RS3 is the best for farming, i've had bad exp. with RS07 when it comes to long term botting.
    • If RS3, what would you recommend farming? Div or something else? Divination, however if you are able to bot something less botted than that, you'd have less risk of bans.
    • If OSRS, what would you recommend training? -/-
    • Are there any other advantages to botting RS3 for goldfarming, as the ban rates are lower in regards to OSRS - Botting in RS3 does however require more RAM, depends on what setup you have. RS3 seems the way to go, getting a private script bot and running 5-10 plus bots will make you alot. If you want also buy a proxy. Don't bother with VPN's, waste of money.
    2. How do you deal with selling rs gold and what recommendations do you all have for the most effective and safest ways for gold transferring and selling?
    Peronally i sell privately to a small trusted group of old people i know on the black market, gold selling sites are the safe way but you lose on it. Selling to strangers is a risk due to chargebacks, tough i've never had to deal with it.

3. Do you have any general tips that could help me? I've currently botted a little over 100m RS3 xp.
    100m RS3 xp is a small amount for RS3, especially when you will goldfarm (if the methode involves xp)
    DELETE EVERYTHING runescape related on your pc now, most people say only the cache but i prefer do to delete everything. Use 'Revo Uninstaller' for security doing that. Proxy's i heard are nice, but don't look at me because i've never used one. You'll need to put time into it, a fairly decent pc, and don't be afraid of bans.
    You'll always have to find your own way in the botting community, your own sceduel,...

That's all folks.

Snufalufugus likes this.
  3. Vyxionn

Thanks for the super detailed response. I should add that the 100m xp is on an ironman account, and I've easily put a few thousand hours into it.

Why would you recommend deleting all the rs files now? Also, why would you recommend using a proxy?

4. Botterking

Botterking I BOT WOODCUTTING? What do you bot?

Welcome to join my discord

Discord

5. chris121

it could work well for you what kind of computer are you going to use, I can only imagine it is a low end spec since you dont work and you are a student?

6. Vyxionn

I do work as well. Alienware x51 + a Lenovo y50.

7. Driftson

Driftson Shooting up KFC's

osrs - more efficient, due to less cpu/ram usage, rs3 less bans and so less hassle and bot managing.

8. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

You gotta take into account how much worse the xp/hour is on OSRS. Although the GP is worth a lot more on OSRS than RS3.

The RuneScape cache is "known" to hold information on accounts being banned or whatever, although this is what I've heard. No "real" sources.

There was a post yesterday on here iirc about OpenVPN screwing up the RuneMate client, proxies are more often than not easier to change out too.
    Make sure you're not using proxies too far away from your first login location though as that could raise some flags.

9. Manager

You're welcome!
    As for the botting everyone has his/her thing.
    Why delete it? There was once a Q&A or something and it stored some info about your accounts, better safe than sorry.
    Proxy's are just to not raise any questions, it's weird that 10 bots suddenly logged in on the same IP, altough be sure if you create an account, you create it on that IP.

Snufalufugus and Gengsta like this.
  10. Botterking

Botterking I BOT WOODCUTTING? What do you bot?

Manager ur so helpful

Jonesy and Manager like this.
  11. elixum

I started with a gold farm, I can share my experience so far. PM me

12. max4186

I'm looking into getting into botting as-well, have joined your discord!