1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Interacting with ring on ground

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by EthanOpia, Sep 1, 2017.

1. EthanOpia

Might be similar to Bug - Interacting with GroundItem

My bot loots everything fine, except emerald rings(might be other rings, too).

Camera is pitched to overhead and it goes through all the motions like it is picking the item up, but does not seem to click on it.

It's probably because rings are a smaller clickable area, but not sure.

The location of the ring does not seem to matter. It seems to happen anywhere an emerald ring is dropped.

code is:
    Code (Text):
    1. GroundItem.interact("Take");

2. Best Answer:
    Post #5 by EthanOpia, Sep 17, 2017
  3. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Does it work any better now?

4. EthanOpia

Yeah. I was going to message you about it last night because I noticed my log no longer shows failed pickup attempts.

5. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Awesome I'm glad to hear it, I spent a considerable amount of time (and so did several others) reworking the point selection and containment checks so I was hoping it would fix it. So just to confirm, it's fixed as far as I should be concerned, as in it rarely will miss click/fail to click these small objects now?

6. EthanOpia

It seems completely fixed.

I set my logs to write when it has failed to pick up an item 8x in a row. Since yesterday, my logs are empty of that warning. That's probably around 8 hours of running, so I believe it is fixed. I'll let you know if it happens again, but as far as I'm concerned, it is completely fixed. Jellies was a big problem before and I've had 1-2 Jelly tasks since yesterday without the problem being logged.

Thanks a lot for all your work and others. If I ever get advanced enough to assist, I'll give back all I can.

7. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Glad to hear it :)