1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP banning?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Brando1267, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Brando1267

I was in the GE today and someone was saying that Jagex talked about IP banning bots in a Q&A recently. I've also read multiple times that if you get an account banned they bot watch that IP. I've had a few bots banned in the past. Recently I've had good luck with a couple long lasting bots.

I only have one pc and don't have vpn, but I turn off/on my modem often to reset my IP. Is my main in trouble?

Is the guy in GE right about Jagex recently talking about IP banning bots? I've read the official post by jagex last week? Where it said they will be talking to the community about many things including cracking down on cheating.

2. Squldl

Jagex do indeed flag and track IP addresses, it's also likely (imo) that they track hardware Id's. Switching IP's and reinstalling windows may be the best option.

If you bot on the same IP, all BOTTED accounts on that IP are in trouble. If you didn't bot your main, it will be safe 98% of the time.

It is very rare for a non-botted account to be chain banned with the botted accounts.

So to recap:

They definitely track IP addresses and sometimes ban all botted accounts on one IP at the same time. (Chain ban)

They possibly track other things such as hardware ID's. (Call of duty 4 and some rsps definitely do this)

Your main should be safe on the same IP as bots, as long as you don't bot on the main.

After a ban, continue to change your IP as before by resetting modem. If you feel that the bans are coming in faster than normal, try reinstalling windows.

Also remember to delete your Jagex cache folder after a ban! Very important! It should be in your C drive, just hold shift and delete with it selected so you permanently delete the folder.

Goodluck bro!

3. Brando1267

Thank you for the reply! I'm going to delete my cache right now, I haven't even thought about that.