Resolved Is it possible to use Java 1.7

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Taric, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Taric

I lucked out. I'm part of that small percent that Java 1.8 just doesn't like. #Hype

Is there any way I can get the RuneMate client to work with Java 1.7, or do I need to just cut my wrists and sob while I wait for a Jagex fix?

Alone we are as fragile as a small twig, but together we can come together to form one tremendous faggot.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Taric, Mar 9, 2015
  3. Exia

It should just be java 1.8_40, try getting 1.8_25 or 1.8_31. They should be available from the oracle Archive Download page.

4. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

What seems to be the issue with Java 8? Some more info would appreciated as others may have the same problem.

5. Taric

I'm silly. HERE:
    Source: Jagex Tech Help Forums
    Problem:
    We've identified an issue between Java version 8, update 40 and DirectX.

Workaround:
    Switch over to OpenGL mode before entering a game world via the graphical options menu, or load RuneScape into Safe Mode by holding the 'S' key whilst the game loads.

The RuneMate client would crash every time I would try to load into an RS3 world.

And as soon as I re-read this I'm wondering why I didn't try using RuneMate in openGL... XD

6. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Ahh damn. Hopefully Jagex can patch that soon, because I really want to force Java 8 update 40 as it has some nice new things devs can use.