1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my main safe when boting on another account

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by imlaydback, Oct 29, 2017.

1. imlaydback

I have a couple of years old main account on rs3 which is my main this one is bot free. My question is if i use an account i made 8+ months ago on the same ip address and bot on that would my main be affected if my bot gets banned for some reason? I am wondering if my main account would get banned if my bot account gets ban? If so should i just buy a vpn to be safe or what does everyone think.

2. forbobo

short and sweet:

your main is safe.

3. Mia Malkova

As long as your botted account doesn't interact with your main whatsoever (like trading over items/money) you'll be completely fine.

4. Reganam

I trade between my main and botted accounts regularly. I just bot smartly though. Never too long or with chitty bots.

5. imlaydback

Okay thank you everyone for the advise. So I should be good to bot on the same ip as my main only if I don't trade anything to him got it.

6. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

You can trade between them.

7. imlaydback

So I can trade between my bot and main while on the same ip and won' get chained banned? Also I won't get banned for bot on the same ip as my main right?

8. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

yes

9. cas249

i would not recommend that... what i always do is drop trading in wildy

10. forbobo

drop trading, if anything, is worse than trading. There's probably no better way to look suspicious than drop trading large amounts in wildy.

Trading to your main is fine as long as you aren't doing like 2b+ 07 at a time. If you really wanna be safe, just stake the gp over to your main in duel arena world.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 30, 2017 ---
    yes, perfectly fine unless you're doing crazy amounts. In that case, as i said above, just stake it.

11. imlaydback

Okay thank you everyone for being so helpful on this topic.

12. cas249

jagex keeps logs of trades and stakes... how would they keep logs of all items that are dropped and picked up lol
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 31, 2017 ---
    by using drop trade none of my mules have been banned in a year+ of gold farming

13. staffix

staffix Superior All Knowing Person!

Can you get banned, yes.
    It's a risk you take when you use a bot, but ive found that;
    1) trading from bots to non-bots havn't affected the non-botting accounts (mules, mains etc.)
    2) sharing IP doesn't matter either, i've had 10+ accounts running from the same IP/HWID x3 for ages without any of the non-bots getting banned.
    3) time botted doesn't matter either, it's what/where you bot. (several 100+ hour sessions without any breaks, for around a year.)
    4) Jagex owns the right to ban everybody, even if they havn't done anything.. so you can ALWAYS get banned.

^^^^^1-4 own experiences, based off a year worth of tests.

14. forbobo

none of mine have been banned in years* of gold farming by trading/staking - obviously there's logs of stakes, but 1b osrs being transfered by a stake is much less suspicious than 1b being picked up in the wilderness. It's also common knowledge that they can track large amounts of wealth (keyword = large. I never said they track all drops, although they have the capability) picked up through drop trading - that's why drop trading hasn't been seen as the "smart" method to transfer wealth for like 5 years now.

15. cas249

only perk with drop trading is that it doesnt link your accounts directly as with trades

16. Icecubel

Dont they ip flag? I mean if you bot on alt accounts they can flag your ip right.. So your main wouldnt be all that safe

17. imlaydback

But who is to say your alt that is botting gets banned once on that ip. You also play with your main on the same ip why would that one get banned? It's like you have a brother who gets banned on his pc and you will get banned due to being on the same ip? Idk this doesn't make sense to me.

18. staffix

As i've said many times before, i've had probably close to 100x accounts banned on this IP.. and i still use it on my main without any problems.

*tinfoil hats are overrated*

19. Jhinn

I think you're fine unless you start trading stuff from your botted accounts to your main. Don't quote me on this though

20. staffix

#Quoted

Jhinn likes this.