1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Jagex Bot Detection Methods?

Discussion in 'General' started by delta, Nov 21, 2017.

1. delta

I know all we can do is speculate, but by combining the information we have... What do we know at this point? TIme played... Account Age... IP Flags are potentially in the mix?

2. EvilCabbage

Read my guide, stickied in the guides section.

Fumos likes this.
  3. delta

Hi Cabbage,

I have read that prior... I play on my account legitimately and also bot but I typically get some decent hours on it... Think this is a bad idea? I typically try and play when they are in office / bot when they are out...

4. EvilCabbage

Keep the botted hours like 4-6 or so and you're good.

5. Fumos

Fumos Social Engineer| C# | Java | MySQL | HTML |

I botted for 3 hours and got a ban on my skiller. Not on my main. Just want to let you know :)

6. skrall

Old accounts definitely last longer (easy divination botting for 12h per day) but what matters the most is the client you use. I get banned on powerbot within a day, but runemate is waaaaaay better

7. Fumos

Fumos Social Engineer| C# | Java | MySQL | HTML |

I agree, I used Dreambot and got banned fast. My main is currently still alive with Runemate.

8. Grumble

Grumble Don't hate the player, hate the game

I tried Dreambot a few months ago, bought VIP to have acces to their 'special' antidetection and I got even faster banned with VIP. I goldfarmed with runemate when cursed were still profitable, and never recieved any ban with my accounts. (Yes they were running 24/7)

9. Blackfire223

I fine not running anything for a super long time works well (I typically do 2.5~3 hours a run) and switching things up a lot is also good. :D

10. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

It's almost safe to say that Jagex looks out for patterns amongst players. For example if X players behave the same, it's likely that those players are using a bot. Which is why I'd like to emphasize the importance of RuneMate's PlayerSense, a quite simple but effective way to give each user of a bot a unique playstyle.

How exactly Jagex finds those patterns or what other ways they use is obviously not known though.

delta, Fumos and nVIII like this.