1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jagex cannot ban by IP address

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by pipetrueno, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you think they really flag by ips?

1. Sure, if you get caught on the same IP again and again.

49.0%
  2. Maybe, not sure.

11.8%
  3. Definitely not, youre right.

3.9%
  4. Just bot, dude.

23.5%
  5. Stop smoking crack

11.8%
  1. pipetrueno

Hi everyone, I want to start a new thread. Because, for me, jagex doesnt ban by IP.

Imagine a hotel, in which has a lot of people, using the same Ip block, and there may have osrs users, as Im, while staying at hotels, when I travel (and i do bot), so.. in that case, they cannot flag other guest's accounts just because I bot. Thats not smart, imho.

I dont think jagex, will use Ip to flags accounts, i think mostlikely, it flags them by an algorithm, which includes, behaviour, time connected, inhuman reaction times, etc. and delayed bans (OFC), its a summ of monthly or weekly hours played. (This assuming, your age (when creating an account))

How many 40years old guys dudes play 12 hours a day?
    How many 15years old kids play 12 hours a day?

The business is, create a new account, buy a bond, bot it for a while, then get banned.
    So you might want to start a new account, and buy a new bond, again, as a loop.
    (ofc, if you made profit throught the process)

I want to see what you think.

Sincerely
    An Infernal botter, since 1995 Tibia.
    Pipetrueno

2. dino_baldo

dino_baldo A Bald Dinosaur

Around '03-05 I recall breaking a lot of rules, namely harassment and foul language. If I remember correctly, I made multiple accounts after one would receive a permanent ban. After 2 or 3 they banned the IP address. My brother and I both played, so he was unable to access his account and had to submit an appeal. They can and do ban IP addresses, and it does effect innocent players. Just the same as moderators frequently ban players for botting without the ability to appeal, even when they're actually innocent. The mod team is pretty brutal.

3. pipetrueno

Oh yes, if you are a serious rule breaker, then you might get an ip ban.
    Thats an extreme case, done by hand, i mean, a manual process, if im correct. Right?

4. Suevar

To be honest, An IP BAN is a literal joke anyways cause you can always refresh it from your ISP at any time you want. When they start figuring out how to ban by MAC, then I'll be worried.

5. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Flagged IPs are real. I botted so much at my house that it got to the point where I would be banned on a fresh account after botting for an hour, whether it was a custom or public bot.

And I'm talking about making a fresh account, playing legit a tiny bit, botting an hour and getting banned by the 1 hour point. It was pretty mental.

6. NostalgicOld

I don't think they normally ban by IP, and if they do it's likely that they check what your IP was when you first signed up the account, matching it to a previous account that was registered with the same IP and being able to see it's the same person. Normally you won't be IP banned but instead they will investigate any other accounts that were created on the same IP address, then those accounts will be put on a watchlist in the same way that people with 2 day bans or people with a moderate or higher ban meter will.