1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jagex's Ban Policy

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by GrundyBoi, Nov 6, 2018.

1. GrundyBoi

Just wondering in everybody's experience. Does Jagex have a hard and fast rule of giving a 2 day ban for first time offenders? Or is it hit or miss whether or not you get a 2 day or perm ban. Let me know!

2. 204money

my 40 attack 86 str 1 pray members account got its first bot ban and it was permanent no appeals...….

3. Boosted

After having 10+ accounts banned.. (most suicide bot testing).. They perm ban low QP accounts or low total skill and 2 day ban high qp (all facc quests done) and 400+ TL... this is just from my experience.. it could be the luck of the draw. I was banned 2 weeks ago on my main account for 2 days (1000+LT, 50+qp)..
    I've also found that daily botting hours on an account really makes a difference too.

4. dino_baldo

dino_baldo A Bald Dinosaur

Difference for better or for worse?

5. eladanelf

Hi there! I have a question that I hope fits in this thread. I have a main account with which I botted a lot until I got banned for a day (stupid mistake to bot 5 hours after being absent for 3 weeks...). But I only play manually now on that one. I would like to start a new account and try again with runemate. I use a VPN so my ip adress will not be the same for my main account. Would it be safe for my main if I bot on a second account? Or can they detect that I play on the same computer somehow? I hope someone has an advice for me ;) kind regards!

6. Boosted

Better to bot less. The accounts that I bot for less than 5 hours a day have not been banned. Obviously, less time online equals less chance of being reported BUT.. I bot in high bot areas for skiller accounts (fishing/mining/wcing).

7. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

There are no set parameter for accounts getting 2 day bans or permanent bans. It's a lottery.

8. allycat

How delayed were the bans on average if at all?

9. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

Bans are typically delayed around 2 days

10. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Bans are usually delayed a couple days, but it is possible to get banned within hours, especially if you're very very botlike or on a flagged up/account.

I think I got my IP flagged a few months ago, because I was getting banned before my eyes after an hour of using a custom bot, lol.