1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just taking money

Discussion in 'General' started by Shockdots, May 3, 2018.

1. Shockdots

Wtf is going on? I have ran regal thieving for 49 minutes, and it has already charged me $1.10. Why is this happening? Is this bot just a scam?

2. Snufalufugus

You're charged each time you start a bot, and allowed up to an hour of usage. If you stop the bot, you're choosing not to use that hour, and you get charged again when you run it again. This is how Runemate's premium bot system works.

Lhufascorp likes this.
  3. Shockdots

wow, that's sad

4. EvilCabbage

The reason why is because if you were charged by the end of the hour, many would simply run a bot for 59 minutes and avoid payment. You are able to change the settings of any premium bot whilst the bot is running, so there is no reason to stop the bot before you are done with botting.

5. Shockdots

Ok so you charge for 1 hour in the beginning, but actually, let people use it for 1 hour before recharging them.

6. Kingwits

I actually agree. If rather than instantly charging once you start the bot and then charge every hour after that, start a time system. If i started the bot I get 1 hour of use with said bot. Even if i close it i now have 45 minutes and 23 seconds left on the bot. That way if something happens, we aren't just charged because we hit start. (Something happened to me where i started the bot for fishing suit and i was on the wrong world and out of habit stopped the bot to switch worlds. Then i did it again with the same bot. Bot is like .20/h?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 5, 2018, Original Post Date: May 5, 2018 ---
    The bot in itself is a great bot! It's just something that minor can become annoying after botting for a while. It's just a little lazy coding is all.

7. gptkamb

I agree it's annoying and I have had issues in the past, but most bot authors like Snufalufugus are quite good at refunding people so there is not really a need to change it.

8. AFreezing

anyone notice the people saying the bot charging payment system sucks has either 1 message, or brand new accounts with no picture-avatar ;)

9. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

A lot of more well known users think it sucks, but nobody of us moans about it (publicly) :p

10. Shockdots

Prob because they new people just notice it so they post about it, then as they continue to use this bot they realize nothing will get changed so no point in making another post about it.

11. JoJo

I personally think it sucks, I also think it should be like someone stated above. When charged for the hour the boy should have a timer for that hour. Is used 25 minutes you should still be able to use it for the other 35 minutes before being charged again.

12. Spooney

Hello

I know this is off topic but how come I can't run 3 bots? It only allows me to run 2 at the same time. Another question I have is how come some people say that you should have 2000 hours of botting allowance while I only have 200?

13. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

As clearly posted in the FAQ sticky threads, you must be a supporter to run more than 2x instances or have > 200 hours of botting per month.

I suggest you read those to understand the system.

14. Spooney

Yea I figured as much. What about the 2000 hour allowance? I remember reading that on Runemate forums some time ago