1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knowledge required to create a botting client?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by osrstarogod, Jan 21, 2020.

1. osrstarogod

THIS IS FOR LEARNING PURPOSES ONLY IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE A CLIENT TO COMPETE OR ANYTHING!!!

Basically I'm trying to expand my knowledge of Java and be familiar with the absolute inner workings of it. I think it would be a great idea for my to invest my time into making my own client for the experience and knowledge I will gain throughout the process. The only problem is I have absolutely no idea where to begin! If anyone could please point me in the right direction for what I should start looking at, such as bytecode or some other area of Java, to begin building the foundation for a client that would be much appreciated! Even just a list of topics I would need to be strong in to get going would help me out so much.

FYI please don't just paste code and say there's half your client, add two more lines in and it will work. I'm going to do this from scratch and learn everything I need to know along the way for my own person knowledge, not to prove I can copy and paste. Setting a big goal in my mind helps me because to achieve it I need to learn a multitude of different things, and in the end hopefully I'm that much better of a programmer when I'm successful.

#1 osrstarogod, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2020
  2. Chieftain

Chieftain The only AI bot developer

Hi there,check out rs-hacking,it is the best resource.That is where i learnt to make my own client.But I do suggest starting off making bots right here on Runemate which is a great platform. Then later you can decide to go deeper,because making your own client,is a steep learning curve,especially if you a beginner,it will be discouraging,because it involves reverse engineering and a good understanding of the JVM in general, but you will figure it out with time.