1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Legacy client OSRS Mac

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by btrasmussen, Nov 16, 2019.

1. btrasmussen

I have tried everything I know. I uninstalled OSRS and Runemate, reinstalled both. restarted computer, looked at all the forums on here, etc. I have found no solutions. When I try to start an instance with Runemate, it starts the OSRS application and everything, but the colored button doesn't appear and after about 2 minutes, it shows a message saying "failed to find a new game client. Please ensure you have the official Runescape Legacy installed, as opposed to the NXT client. For more information see Runemate walkthrough." I went to the Runemate walkthrough and a bit down the page in bold red letters it says "Update 9th November 2019: Jagex has removed the official RS3 legacy client from the download page. RuneMate will advise an update on this when possible."

So my question for you savvy computer guys is: What is going on? Is there no Legacy client for OSRS? Anything helps.

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Update 9th November 2019: Jagex has removed the official RS3 legacy client from the download page. RuneMate will advise an update on this when possible.

Old School RuneScape - Download Old School RS

upload_2019-11-17_9-45-1.png

?????????????????????

If you already have that installed, and it isn't working, then post your log files that show the error details.

3. btrasmussen

00:00:00 INFO Attempting to start official client. If it does not open shortly please do so manually.
    00:02:01 INFO Failed to find a new game client. Please ensure you have the official RuneScape Legacy client installed, as opposed to the NXT client. For more information see the RuneMate <a href="Tutorial - How to Use RuneMate Spectre">Walkthrough</a>.

I definitely have that version downloaded, but for some reason it continues to give me this error message.

RuneMate opens OSRS just fine, it just doesn't do anything else after that for me. It doesn't allow to start botting.

4. sampactu

same problem for me here

btrasmussen likes this.