1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Looking for Help.

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by EVE548, Mar 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EVE548

So i just joined this great community after lurking around for awhile and was wondering if anyone could just answer a few questions for me.
    1.Would it be safe to bot on an alt purely to make gp for the main that will never be botted on? For example even if the alt gets banned would the main be safe?

2. Are VPS,vpns, or proxies going to help in not getting the main not banned?

2. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

1. Chainbans have been something botters have been very afraid of for a very long time, I can't speak for everyone but for myself I've never recieved one of these (While transferring gold from mule -> main for 6-7 months.)

2. Only running the bots on a VPS may help your main staying safe as you wont use the same jagexcache.
    VPN's/Proxies will lock your account unless you only use the same VPN/Proxy per account.
    They may also help your account not getting banned, unless you accidentally log onto your main whilst being under that VPN/Proxy.

Hopefully you'll figure everything out, just reply to this post if you have any further questions :)

3. EVE548

Any tips on how to use a mule, and also from what you are saying to keep my main safe i must employ a VPS? What method do you using if you dont mind me asking?

4. Gengsta

You definitely do not NEED a VPS for keeping your main account safe, that would just be another safety precaution.

I've never used a VPS, VPN or a Proxy during my time of farming, and I'd rather not go into my full method of farming gold.
    (I'll say that I'm currently farming RS3 and transferring that gold to my OSRS main.)

Party likes this.
  5. EVE548

So you do have a main that is legit and is still not banned? Any precautions you take to keep the main safe?

6. Gengsta

My main was sadly banned during the DXP weekend on RS3, that was because I bottled on that account though.

Party likes this.
  7. EVE548

So with using a VPS will there be any connection to my main, ie IP or any other connecting the bot to the legit account?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 6, 2017 ---
    If anyone else could help with tips for keeping my main safe i would appreciate it!