1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macro Recording VS Public Bots

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by ziplock1738, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ziplock1738

Just wanted to get some opinions on Macro Recorders. As far as botting with public scripts bots go, Powerbot, Osbot, Dreambot, and all others have been pretty bad. Runemate is undeniably the best out there and I have been using it for over a year now. The question I have is if anyone has had success with mouse and keyboard recorders? I would love to use continue using Runemate for specific tasks like wintertodt, Tithe Farm, etc. Essentially what I am asking is if anyone has been able to use macros with delays between actions to make it seem more human like as opposed to going immediately from action to action with a Macro Recorder.

2. Rambo501

First of all there's not really much you can do with a macro recorder since the camera automatically moves over time.

Anyway, mouse movements are being tracked and executing the same mouse movements over and over will get you banned. So I cannot imagine a mouse recorder would work very well, regardless of delays.

Autoclickers and autotypers have never been a problem though.

3. Di_k He_d

I tried it today, I found VisualRM [BETA] and tried creating a script bot, it worked ok but I noticed the CPU usage was much higher than it should be, so I can't run the script bot on multiple people.

Macro recording doesn't work/are terrible, hence why bots are developed in Java so they can see objects in the game without relying on matching colours etc.

Macro recorders work for when you only interact with the interface (inventory, bank etc.), I.E. no walking, no picking up anything, no combat... Reason why is stated about.

Coding a bot without the aid of something like a macro recorder or VisualRM is incredibly difficult, because you would need to learn Java, which IDK about you but unless I want to learn Java it's not worth my time.

So the best route is pay for a private script bot.

Macro recording VS Public bot = Public bot wins.

ziplock1738 likes this.
  4. Snufalufugus

I've heard of people having a lot of success doing things like fletching with a ghostmouse that has a 3+ hour recording. Unfortunately, you lose the advantages of being able to handle unexpected happenings, log back in automatically, etc.

Even for something as simple as powermining, when I tried to use a ghostmouse, an impling walked in front of the rocks and my character got messed up. I personally just stick to real bots all the time.

ziplock1738 likes this.
  5. Di_k He_d

Try downloading BlueStacks, and then installing Old School RuneScape mobile, then use Pulover's Macro Creator to create a macro, using this program you can create IFs (I.E. If login screen visible then log in), all you gotta do is use Image Search... You'll have a 0% ban rate I reckon.

6. ricespud

I think the camera autorotate was removed some time ago.

7. ziplock1738

That makes sense to me but for a more babysitting standpoint i'm curious as to if you created a loop lets say like four or five different recordings for 10-15 minutes then ran those back in different orders would that be less detectable? Is that possible or am I understanding the ghost mouse?The reason I got curious about this was I saw a post about Rank1ehp who supposedly botting over 100m xp with a macro recorder and it made me curious is you used a macro recorder for non combat skills and then did questing on the side or something like that would the account be safer as a whole?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 5, 2019 ---
    Is there any chance you could explain how this works? I'm not familiar with Bluestacks or what IFs are? This sounds really interesting though.

8. Rambo501

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but it definitely isn't removed. If you don't touch the camera and play for an hour, I can guarantee that the position of your camera is different. Why do you think the orientation of the minimap never matches the orientation of the camera?

9. Snufalufugus

Bluestacks is an android emulator for PC.

by IFs he means if statements. The macro tool he's talking about must have basic logic capabilities.

10. DontGetBanned

ok well this is something i kinda have a good opinion about...
    i was just in the works of testing this out when i have banned my accounts.

i was successfully doing this for awhile and i think it was just because i didnt play when i should have and i kept going across many accounts and maybe triggered some kind of multiple ban.

they seem to have pretty good bot detection / team for osrs and that is that.
    i would program an autoclicker perfectly so it can run 6 hours straight. usually after the 6 hours i would stop and not auto click again for that entire day on that account along with i would then spend hours playing afterwards.

but i find using bots will get you banned, less chances with auto clickers as it seems my accounts survive alot longer using an autoclicker than it would using a bot.
    you just need the right camera positioning and everything, babysit it for the first use, if it makes it 6 hours straight then you generally have it set good but you cant move the window or you will have to find that positioning again or re script bot the whole thing to line up with the new position.

what annoys me is everyone says do lots of quests, but there is actually only so many quests you can actually do in the game, so what happens when you done questing?
    honestly what people need to understand is how their system works in order to bot safe.

after seeing a bunch of things, and getting banned with this autoclicker after WEEKS of use VS the day or 2 of use of runemate which people claim is best sense rsbuddy. so i find autoclickers to be alittle better than bots, however you should spend time playing the game before use and afterwards, maybe use 1-2 times a week and you should actually be good.

i think ill have to say autoclicker 1, bots 0

11. Flextroci

ghostmouse ftw

12. ricespud

i got banned on 2100 total quest cape main for ghost mouse'ing adamant bolt fletching AMA

13. Flextroci

damnnnnnnnnnn

14. Binger9989

how long was the recording that you made? how long did you run it for at a time and in an average week?

15. ricespud

Recording was like 15-30 minutes, I ran it for 2-3 hours per day maybe 3-4 times per week and I think I got caught after 2-3 weeks.

It was literally just double click bolt -> double click feather, the items next to each other in my inventory.

16. Wdb

Wdb

it’s doable for sure

pm me if you want to know more

Attached Files:

17. Frostywithcream