1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented (Mail) notification for exception log

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Derk, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

Currently there is no option to turn on notifications when you receive error reports. My suggestion is to generate notifications both on forums and perhaps through email when an error has been submitted to our exception log. Not at every duplicate one, but if a unique error occurs, because personally I tend to forget about exception log. Then when I check, I see 30 reported errors I didn't even know about.

This is more or less a thread to gain support by fellow bot authors, so post your opinion below. ^_^

2. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Major support for forum notifications, it would help me realize a hook has broken much more quickly.

Infinite Inferno likes this.
  3. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

A much more feasible venture now that we have xF hooks for custom alerts, as used for approved pushes.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 4, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 26, 2015 ---
    Implemented this great suggestion! Props to @Bertrand for the idea and @Aria for helping me test.

Nuances: Bot Authors will only get an alert on the first instance of an exception to prevent alert spam. If a Bot Author deletes an exception from their Exception Log and the same exception occurs again they will receive a new alert.

[​IMG]

Cloud and Derk like this.