1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make it possible to extend API.

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Patriq, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Patriq

It would be awesome that every class could not have a final modifier... I want to be able to extend the API so stuff keeps organized and really good.

2. PhaseCoder

Don'ty understand what you meen? you can have packages etc? unless im totaly missing the point

3. SlashnHax

Wrapper classes get the job done.

He means extending the API as in creating a class Bank that extends the API's Bank class, allowing him to access the API's Bank methods through his custom class.

I asked Cloud about it before, and the reasons he had were reasonable so it doesn't really bother me. There are other ways to extend the API that work just as well imo.

4. Patriq

Well I would rather just do it directly :p For example I wanna have a custom PredefnedPath, where it treats vertices in a different way, but I still want to be able to use its step method.. That way would be the best if I could just extend it.

5. SlashnHax

If you don't have a destination or you're within a certain distance from the destination then get the next best vertex (using your custom treatment) and click on the MinimapCoordinate corresponding to that vertex's Coordinate :p

6. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

I finalize things intentionally, I don't want there to be any confusion about where the method originates from and due to the nature of static methods in java I know confusion would eventually show up.