1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Making a return to botting, are ban rights up?

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by idle, May 26, 2021.

1. idle

I've just returned from an 18 month break from RS. I've previously got multiple accounts that i've botted for personal use only, allowing me to gain the PK'ing stats I wanted.Touch wood I never received a ban, and spend 100's of hours using RuneMate. My recent concern, is that a lot of the bots on the bot store here are not showing any recent updates, and most recent reviews are all saying '2 day ban' or 'perma ban' - this seems a little odd... Is this community still active, are the paid bots still maintained? Have OSRS dev team cracked down? What have I missed!

Thanks in advance.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I've always thought that the Runemate botstore is really hit or miss. There's a lot of great bots on it, but honestly there's a number of junky or downright broken ones. For the most part, most of the premium bots are pretty solid. Especially from specific groups (Prime, Hexis, what's left of Regal) or specific users (my Cuppa bots, Dark, Maxi, Dan, Awesome, Divine, etc etc). This is by no means an exhaustive list and there's plenty of other good bots/authors. Also I say that most of the store's premium bots are solid, but there are a few free bots that are either good enough to be premium but just aren't (eg Dan Blast Furnace) or are in development/partially complete and will be premium eventually (a few of my bots, Dark Quester, Awesome Slayer, etc etc), so don't count out free bots entirely.

Honestly I'd just trust the default sorting of bots to get a basic gauge of how useful/good they are. If you're looking for a combat bot for example, there's a ton, but the top ones are used a LOT more than the lesser used ones. Of course the lesser used ones could be better/better value, but it's a good starting metric.

There's definitely some broken/partially broken older bots, which can make it annoying to sift through, but "last updated" by itself doesn't indicate a bot is bad or outdated. Most of the old content in OSRS has never been changed and for most there's nothing that really needs to be updated. A lot of the old authors have gone semi-inactive, but their bots are still largely in a good state. Plus the nice thing about Runemate's payment structure is that you can try a bot for a few cents and figure out pretty quick if it sucks. Cloud still updates the Runemate client itself as needed.

The reviews can give you a basic idea of if a bot is completely broken or not, but I wouldn't take the ban reports in reviews too seriously. People often just leave bad reviews when they get banned yet don't always leave good reviews if they don't get banned. If you bot in moderation and avoid riskier activities on accounts you care about, you should be okay. Of course bans are always possible though.

Rambly post. Anyway, welcome back :)

PS if you find any bots that you're very convinced are broken, please consider mentioning them here (Tutorial - Report Outdated Bots & Inactive Bot Authors Here) so the store can get cleaned up a bit more.

itzjbc, American Express and dahnae like this.
  3. DXB60

just a question my account shows 156 hours remaing to use for this month but i cant use bot i restarted it it says u have used 200 hours i jsut did 44