1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Master farmer bans

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by lorenzobotenzo, Mar 16, 2019.

?

Should I get back to the thieving scene?

1. Hell yeah

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No, you will get banned again, dumbass

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. I have no opinion.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. lorenzobotenzo

Yo, so until the start of this week everything was going great. Had like 5+ accounts and one with 99 thieving. However, during the course of this week the 99 thieving account was banned, so were the others. The only account that was left was a 96 thieving account with a few quests and diversified skills. The 99 thieving account was also quite raised, but it had been banned for 2 days about 1.5 months ago. The other accounts were mostly my woodcutting bots with 90+ wc, low combat stats, <10 quest points. All of those accounts had rogue sets.

My question is: Did master farmers get a bigger bot watch, or am i just doing something wrong? ( I clearly understand myself now that accounts that were raised more survived more. The 99 thieving account had about 20m xp).
    So if you have any tips I would like to hear them. Even the criticism about how my english sucks or that i'm stupid helps also!

The bot I was using was gMasterFarmer (Which works well. props to @Gengsta ). I would usually use it for 7/8 hours in the morning (7-13/14 EET) and 1-3 hours in the evening (19-21/22 EET).

Thanks in advance for your answers. :)

2. SilverNova

Think they are currently watching them closer. I was doing them as well and got all my alts banned in the span of a few days.

3. Diesel Dee

92% of the profit of MF comes from three items. It would be trivial to change the drop rates slightly to make it not useful for botting anymore. Why does not Jagex not do this? Personally, I think it's bait at this point. It's pretty well known MF is a good moneymaker for bots in OSRS.

4. SilverNova

Jagex could honestly do a lot to stop some of the most popular money making methods such as Minnows, YewCutters, BlackChinners, etc. Problem is that any change they do could lead to a very drastic impact to their economy, as a majority of the game resources are provided by bots.

5. Diesel Dee

That's a good point. I bet a large portion of the runescape economy in both games is fueled by botters. Cool perspective

6. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

I haven’t really been botting very much for the last month so I can’t really give any input on bans sadly, but my guess would be close to what SilverNova is saying.