1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MaxiWoodcutter TRIAL 2.23.36

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

1. VbHD

Saw it again, semi-decent news is the bot will correct itself if the tree in question it is failing to interact with is cut down by another player.

2. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

The turning to tree bug?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 24, 2017 ---
    So i just gave it some thought and it definitely sounds like a client interaction issue. When it fails to interact i have it turn the camera to the tree, as requested by @Cloud to prevent cases where interaction failed due to the tree being hidden by an interface.

3. VbHD

Yes. Also now you mention it, at no time is there any obstruction by any interface element of the tree.

4. Aidden

Yeah it was to prevent that, but that wouldn't be the only reason it fails to interact.

5. Xenoman833

There's a problem where the bot walks to the bank and does nothing to the point of the game logging me out. I walk back to the trees and it takes me back to the bank and stands there. I restarted the client, bot, and computer but nothing helped

6. Aidden

If you're on osrs the osrs update broke the client. Wait for a fix.

7. hao2my

Hello there, first of all great job with the bot man, it's really neat!

Unfortunately while I was testing this I came across several issues.
    • Status at the time of the incident (Can also be found in your error logs if the bot crashes)
      1. Tree interaction failed. Turning towards the tree
      2. Last status: Waiting for a tree to respawn. (43)
      3. Closing the bank interface. (19)
      4. Turning towards the bank. (25)
    • Selected area and tree of the current activity.
      • West Varrock - Logs
    • Disposal method of the current activity
      • Bank
    • Selected bank if banking
      • West Varrock Bank
    • RS3 (EoC)
    Details of what happened
    I'll list the issues as 1-4 as per the status above

1. I ran to West Varrock, stood amongst the trees, and then ran the bot. It was chopping down about 5 trees and then it got stuck on the 6th. It tried to adjust the camera viewing angle once or twice and then it just stood there doing nothing. Manually chopping down 'said tree it was interacting with' resolved the issue but then the problem will just manifest after a couple more trees.
    2. Was chopping down 1 tree , surrounded by 4 more other trees which were not chopped down yet. And the bot waited for that tree that was just chopped down to respawn. Even after respawning, it did not move or chop anymore.
    3. Once the bot actually deposits the logs, it struggles to close the bank interface. In fact, this has happened several times where it just stood there doing nothing with the bank interface still open (after depositing).
    4. After having a full inventory of logs, the bot will attempt to run to the bank. It manages to run to the bank teller but it does not interact with the banker. Just stays there and do nothing. Manually clicking on the banker allows it to deposit the items but it will struggle with issue No.3.
    That's all I have for now. If there's anything else that I notice I'll update here. I hope there is some sort of way to get around this :S Thanks again for creating this bot!

8. Aidden

I'm aware of 1 and 2 but currently unsure of the cause. For 3. was the status stuck on closing bank interface? If the counter was going up then it sounds like an interaction issue which would make it a client issue. 4. Does it actually turn the camera? If you turn the camera in a different direction does the counter go up and it turn the camera towards the banker again? If so, is the banker fully visible?

9. VbHD

Can confirm 3 is a client issue (happens with lots of random bots, counter does go up, instance reboot fixes it).

10. hao2my

3: It was stuck on closing bank interface. Basically the bank interface was still left open (after depositing full inventory) and it just pauses there. Counter was going up still.

4:
    • It doesn't turn the camera.
    • I have not actually tried manipulating the camera angle so can't answer that part.
    • The banker from memory is not visible, probably behind a wall.

11. fearbigl

Lol playing in Osrs, I was chopping wood in west Varrock and I also set banking to west Varrock. When it came time to bank, my guy walked to the cooking guilds bank instead of the city bank, stood outside and did nothing. I quickly changed my settings as i spotted this, so I'm not sure if the default banking area is actually set to the cook's guild, or if this was actually a bug.

The Draynor oak tree area also had some issues, when the bot banks the logs, it gets stuck trying to locate a the tree. The camera doesn't spin automatically, so to fix it, I had to manually spin the camera a little for the bot to locate the tree and once again let it do its work.

12. Aidden

That's odd. You're 100% certain it wasn't set to cooks guild? Check the logs, perhaps the walking screwed up

13. SmellyLlama

My account got banned =(

JustAGameBro likes this.
  14. To Infinity

Tree Type: Oak
    Bank: Varrock West
    Tree Location: Oak Patch

Bug: When the innovatory is full it will run to the bank and just stand there not depositing the logs. I have to Manuel move the mouse to deposit the logs. After that It will try to click on the oak trees from the bank and it will keep saying interaction failed try again and it will (rinse and repeat) until I stop the bot, then start it over again, then it will move over towards the oak trees near the varrock west bank.

This happen in both Pro and Lite versions.

Also another note (experienced it once) is when at the oaks near varrock west bank it will try to click the third oak furthest from the road rather the two closes ones near the road, I'm assuming because of that it keeps saying interactive failed trying again (Rinse and repeat) so it stand there trying to cut down the oak tree furthest from the road at varrock west bank

Hope this helps.

15. Aidden

Both sounds like issues with interaction, which makes them client issues.

16. jesenican

17. Ataroxy

I've also got a bug with this bot.
    set to: West Verock, tree, Bank West Verock.
    Running RS3 client
    it travels to the tree location but will not chop trees. it sais waiting for three to respawn and counts up until it decides to log out and back in. I've restarted computer, reinstalled game and bot, I've adjusted map view, I've even enabled mouse and choped a full inventory of logs myself. Once the inventory is full the boot will travel to the bank, empty backpack, and go back to the trees but again will not start chopping.

18. Aidden

Is this the first time you've used it? There was a game update last night, maybe it broke something.

19. Ataroxy

I started using this bot about 2 weeks ago. I banked about 3k logs without any problems except for the seldom occurrence of it getting stuck at the bank with a full inventory, and not interacting with the banker (the bot actually worked through this problem on it's own by relogging after a certain time). About 3 days after I started using the bot, it quit chopping down trees and hasn't worked since. As of yesterday, all the other features of it work just fine, but as soon as it arrives to the area with the trees, it says "waiting for trees to respawn."

As I wrote this message, I logged in to test it again and for the first time in over a week it cut down trees on it's own. It seems to be fixed, I'll let it run for a while and let you know how it's doing.

Thank you :)

20. Aidden

Very strange.